Senior Data Insight Analyst
The Customer Insight team are responsible for producing consumer data insight and analysis, and for creating contactable audiences used within Telegraph marketing campaigns. Our Single Customer View (SCV) is the primary database that is used to manage all customer data (subscribers, transactors, enquirers, registrations, newsletter recipients etc.). The role of the Senior Data Insight Analyst is to provide support to the Customer Insight team. You will be responsible for data insight analysis and also maintaining the incoming data feeds from across the business. You will also work alongside our CRM (customer relationship management) teams to identify and manage key projects through to implementation.
- Undertake data analysis, reporting and insight for subscriptions, travel, financial services, events and commerce teams;
- Create audiences for internal TMG campaigns across email, direct mail, telemarketing, SMS and social/display;
- Ensure consumer database integrity, maintain and monitor existing data feeds from within the business. Ensure data gaps are minimised and corrected, and accuracy is maintained.
- Collaborate with the CRM team to provide meaningful data insight and strategy into marketing campaigns.
- Provide customer data insight support to Data Science and Audience Intelligence teams to improve customer understanding (path to purchase, user journeys, predictive models)
- Assist with the development and execution of marketing plans for acquisition, retention, cross and upsell with the CRM team, including building segments and workflows in Adobe Campaign.
- Create and update internal data dashboards to present customer insight in a meaningful and compelling way.
- Present customer data insight across the business at all levels of seniority and expertise.
- Strong Excel/Access experience and working knowledge of relational databases.
- Understanding of the data marketing/data analytics space - including the use of DMP’s and linking off/online data
- Good knowledge of FastStats or similar campaign management tools.
- SAS knowledge useful but not essential.
- Adobe Analytics experience useful but not essential
- Graduate with science/maths or similar numerate degree
- Commercial experience (3 + years) of carrying out data analysis and insight work at an agency or internal to an organisation. Understanding of complex data structures and uploading / manipulating data for campaigns.
- Creative flair, with the ability to research and think of new ideas and how they might be technically implemented.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. The ability to liaise with different technical teams that support a variety of systems feeding into the SCV and CRM.
- Proactive, self-confident, highly motivated team player.
- Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills and an ability to work with competing priorities and within a fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivated individual, with well-developed interpersonal and communication skills, and a strong desire to succeed.
The Telegraph is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.