Senior Product Designer, Travel
The Telegraph’s mission is to deliver quality, trusted, award-winning journalism, 24 hours a day and across all the platforms our customers use – digital and print.
Our portfolio includes The Telegraph website and app, The Daily Telegraph and The Sunday Telegraph print titles and The Telegraph Edition app.
Recently named as the UK’s leading quality news brand, our digital content reaches more than 27 million users across the UK (UKOM MMX MP).
The Telegraph are looking for a Senior Designer to join the team, working to design a best in class editorial and e-commerce experience for their Travel offering.
You’ll be joining a multi-disciplinary team of designers, developers and researchers, where experimentation and learning is encouraged, at an exciting time in the publishing industry.
- You’ll be designing the future of how The Telegraph presents, and monitises, some of its most valuable content. You’ll be ambitious in your thinking and open in your approach, whilst being able to create something that’s highly usable
- You’ll be creating journeys, designs, prototypes and more to bring your ideas to life. You’ll be keen to learn and comfortable with experimenting to find the best possible outcome.
- You’ll be working on a range of projects, from the big to the small, the far range to the immediate. You’ll be comfortable juggling a few things at once and proactive in moving ideas forward.
- You’ll be working as part of a team, collaborating with other designers, developers and product managers to come up with the best possible solution. You’ll be comfortable working as part of a group, as well as alone, and able to articulate the rationale behind your design decisions, as well as happy to join in healthy debate.
- You’ll be designing across a number of brands within The Telegraph’s family. You’ll have a good understanding of what makes a strong brand, and be sensitive and innovative in your approach to working with a 162 year old brand.
- You’ll be driven to continuously improve your designs, working with our in-house user researchers and data team to gain a deeper understanding of how your designs are working
- Working on things that are used every day, by many thousands of people. You’ll see design as more than just appearances, and be driven to make something that works as well as it looks.
Things we need from you:
- A BA in a design related degree, or similar experience
- Solid experience working on a variety of projects, in design related roles
- A portfolio demonstrating your ability to conceive and execute all aspects of the design process
- A good knowledge of design software, such as Sketch and Adobe Creative Cloud, as well as prototyping tools, such as Marvel, Invision etc.
- Solid knowledge of front end digital capabilities and limitations, and be able to use this to bring to life design solutions which match technical limitations
- Good organisational skills and the ability to juggle multiple streams of work
- Previous e-commerce experience and a passion for travel are desirable but not essential
What we give back:
- Fast paced and varied projects – no two days are the same
- The opportunity to work with high-profile partners such as Google and Apple
- A sociable, inclusive and ambitious team
- The opportunity, support and encouragement to learn new skills – from technical expertise, to management
- A full range of fantastic benefits including 25 days holiday per annum, childcare vouchers, enhanced maternity leave, private medical insurance and an onsite gym (with yoga classes and masseurs!)
- A flexible attitude to working, as agreed with your manager
The Telegraph is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.