Spark, the branded content agency within The Telegraph, is in need of a Print Designer to design and produce commercial campaigns published across The Telegraph’s print channels - including websites, emails, apps, newspapers, magazines and any other formats, ensuring all work produced is of a highest quality, meets deadlines, is on budget and contributes to the ‘Results That Matter’ guarantee.
This individual will need a strong portfolio of work encompassing primarily print design work, and will be adept in delivering best-in-class design work in a fast-moving agency environment.
You will have strong attention to detail with a passion for innovative design and an openness to continuous improvement of production processes. You will also need to be resilient and a self-starter, with strong teamwork and collaborative skills.
- Design and produce campaign components such as websites, interactive elements, display advertisements, emails, newspaper and magazine articles, ensuring they answer the brief fully and are delivered on time.
- Constantly refine the creative output to improve the campaign performance that leads to the ‘Results That Matter’ guarantee for our clients.
- Take the ownership of the project and be responsible for the quality and punctuality from the initial stage through to the final production and delivery.
- Constantly improve the workflow, liaising with other areas of the business as necessary, to achieve the maximum production efficiency.
- Attend internal meetings to capture the campaign objectives and creative requirements, as well as client amends.
- Commission illustration and direct photo-shoot where necessary, ensuring their objectives and standard of quality are met and the artwork is delivered on time and on budget with appropriate usage rights agreed.
- Liaise with Picture Desk to ensure the most creative and effective image solution is deployed to the campaign output.
- Contribute to sales pitches by generating creative ideas and producing design mock-ups.
- Liaise with Digital Development to ensure the proposed campaign component is technically feasible and utilising the best possible technology.
- Assist Digital Development by providing visual and interactive guidance as well as preparing the assets.
- Follow the campaign management system workflow strictly and record accurate time-sheet daily.
- Collaborate with fellow team members as well as colleagues from other areas of the business as and
when required to ensure the timely product deployment.
- Stay abreast of emerging design trends and culture, and feed back to the team to help forming new product ideas and strategies.
- Contribute towards post-campaign activities to assist Sales team securing recurring business.
- Troubleshoot: identify and solve problems.
Required Skills and Experience
- Strong experience of design for print advertising campaigns
- Good understanding of general design principles including typography, colour theory and layout, alongside some UI/UX design experience.
- Extensive experience in Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver, and Experience Design. Ideally some exposure to AEM.
- Ability to create UX flow/wireframes document.
- Experience with either MS Office or Google Docs in a commercial environment.
- Some knowledge of online analytics tools ideally, and of associated terminology.
- Can work as part of a wider team and liaise with the sales team, editors, picture desk, developers and project managers to achieve the common goal, as well as individually.
- Passion for great design and good creative flair, with a meticulous eye for detail.
What can you expect working at The Telegraph
Employees at The Telegraph enjoy roles that contribute directly to shaping the future of the UK’s leading quality newsbrand. In return for your investment in our purpose and vision, The Telegraph offers a range of flexible benefits that help you shape your life against your priorities. From health and well-being for you and loved ones, maternity and paternity leave, childcare, discounts and cashback with local retailers, as well as the medical services, fitness and wellness classes and gym facilities provided at our Buckingham Palace Road office.
The Telegraph is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.