Digital Marketing Executive - Subscriptions
We have an exciting opportunity for a Performance Marketing Executive to join us in-order to support the development and growth of The Telegraph Subscriptions business. The Telegraph’s subscriptions team is responsible for maximising a paying audience through our quality journalism, world-class products and excellent customer experience. The successful candidate will devise and implement performance campaigns that increase customer acquisition for Digital Subscriptions, covering Premium, Premium Sport and Premium Digital Editions.
- Oversee all performance marketing initiatives for acquisition of new subscribers. This will include:
- Working closely with the Subscription proposition team to ensure campaigns are aligned to the overarching strategy, refining and improving customer user journeys to maximise conversion.
- Support the Partnership & Retention team by assessing the impact subscriber acquisition has on customer retention. Maximise revenue opportunities by supporting partner campaign, past examples include Amazon Prime, Google Home, FitBit and BT Sport.
- Support the growth of Telegraph Newspaper Edition app (The Telegraph’s tablet subscription product).
- Devising and implementing a data led marketing approach, setting the strategy for delivering impactful multi-channel offline and online media campaigns across Paid (including App and App store optimisation), Owned and Earned platforms to drive results.
- Working in collaboration with external agencies to ensure the successful planning, implementation and optimisation of any Paid activity; and the internal CRM, Media and SEO & Content teams to ensure the desired activity from our Owned and Earned channels.
- Initiating test and learn strategies to improve effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
- Contribute to the creation of subscription marketing collateral and communications across email, DM, print, social and other relevant channels.
- Undertake continuous analysis of competitive environment and consumer trends. Understand and report on trends and innovative marketing techniques in the wider industry.
- Help to define and brief in appropriate audience segmentation for each campaign targeting offers and creative differently depending on customer attributes and campaign KPIs.
- Continuous analysis of campaign performance in the live environment modifying plans in response to data and insight.
- Provide accurate and insightful live and post-performance analysis to stakeholders ensuring information is available to be fully reported and in line with KPIs and budget.
- Some proven experience in digital marketing for a B2C organisation,
- Demonstrable experience of running/optimising media campaigns to budget.
- Day-to-day planning of online marketing execution and customer acquisition initiatives.
- Experience of using analytical tools and platforms.
- Numerate and fluent in aggregating and analysing core campaign performance metrics.
- Drive, enthusiasm and determination.
- Independent individual contributor and collaborative team player.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to work confidently with internal and external teams.
- Organised, professional and resilient.
- A passion and commitment for working in a fast-paced media environment.
What you can expect from us if you're successful:
- Personal and career development opportunities such as communication, soft skills and industry qualifications.
- Work within a dynamic team, who challenge the status quo and champion agile working & continuous improvement; adopting the Telegraph’s values - together, fearless, open-minded and informed - in everything we do.
- 25 days holiday; rising to 30 days after 3 years service, private pension, plus lifestyle, health & wellbeing and financial benefits.
The Telegraph’s goal is to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are committed to building a team that reflects a wide variety of skills, perspectives and backgrounds.
We are an equal opportunities employer, hiring solely on merit and business need. We encourage applications regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood and disability. If you require reasonable adjustments in any recruitment process with us, please make us aware.