The Telegraph’s mission is to deliver quality, trusted, award-winning journalism, 24 hours a day and across all the platforms our customers use – digital and print.
Our portfolio includes The Telegraph website and app, The Daily Telegraph and The Sunday Telegraph print titles and The Telegraph Edition app.
Recently named as the UK’s leading quality news brand, our digital content reaches more than 27 million users across the UK (UKOM MMX MP).
The Telegraph are looking for a creative problem solver to join the team, working across innovative, forward thinking projects.
You’ll be working on products that are used everyday, by millions of people. You’ll see design as more than just appearances, and be driven to make something that works as well as it looks.
You’ll be joining a multi-disciplinary team of designers, developers and researchers, where experimentation and learning is encouraged, at an exciting time in the publishing industry.
- You’ll be designing the future of how The Telegraph tells stories across its platforms, using new technologies. You’ll be ambitious in your thinking and brave in your designs, whilst being able to create something that’s a pleasure to use.
- You’ll be creating designs, animations, prototypes and more, to bring your ideas to life. You’ll be keen to learn and comfortable with experimenting to find the best possible outcome.
- You’ll be working on a range of projects, from the big to the small, the experimental to the practical. You’ll be comfortable juggling a few things at once, and always eager to try something new.
- You'll be working as part of a team, collaborating with other designers, developers and journalists to come up with the best possible solution. You’ll be comfortable working as part of a group, as well as alone, and able to articulate the rationale behind your design decisions to others.
- You'll be driven to continuously improve your designs, working with our in-house user research and data teams to gain a deeper understanding of how your designs are working
Things we need from you:
- A BA in a design related degree, or similar experience
- A portfolio demonstrating a keen awareness of user experience design and good graphic design skills
- A good knowledge of design software, such as Sketch and Adobe Creative Cloud
It would be great if you have some of these, but it's not essential:
- Previous experience working in a digital design or user experience role
- Experience in using prototyping tools, such as Marvel, Invision, Proto.io would be welcome
- Basic knowledge of After Effects
- An interest in current affairs
What we give back:
- Fast paced and varied projects – no two days are the same
- The opportunity to work with high-profile partners such as Google and Apple
- A sociable, inclusive and ambitious team
- The opportunity, support and encouragement to learn new skills – from technical expertise, to management
- A full range of fantastic benefits including 25 days holiday per annum, childcare vouchers, enhanced maternity leave, private medical insurance and an onsite gym (with yoga classes and masseurs!)
- A flexible attitude to working, as agreed with your manager
The Telegraph is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.