The Telegraph’s mission is to deliver quality, trusted, award-winning journalism, 24 hours a day and across all the platforms our customers use – digital and print.
Our portfolio includes The Telegraph website and app, The Daily Telegraph and The Sunday Telegraph print titles and The Telegraph Edition app.
Recently named as the UK’s leading quality news brand, our digital content reaches more than 27 million users across the UK (UKOM MMX MP).
An exciting opportunity has become available in the Consumer Marketing team at The Telegraph. The role will support the development and implementation of marketing strategies to drive audience growth and engagement across the breadth of Telegraph content.
Marketing campaigns will include brand initiatives, product launches, editorial coverage and events with a big focus on driving engagement and attracting commercial prospects for the wider Telegraph business.
Campaigns will include above-the-line and below-the-line channels across Paid, Owned and Earned platforms.
The Consumer Marketing team is a central business resource, working closely with the wider Customer team to develop and implement fully integrated marketing strategies that drive commercial value and growth across key business verticals: Editorial & Product, Subscriptions, Travel, Financial Solutions, Events and Commerce.
The consumer marketer has a holistic view across campaigns and the wider business to ensure strategies are aligned and complementary.
Working across function to ensure campaigns are effectively communicated, widely understood and delivery expectations are managed.
Key Role Responsibilities:
- Support the delivery of consumer marketing campaigns for editorial and product, working to specific campaign KPIs. This will include:
- Briefing the campaign to the performance marketing team for delivering impactful multi-channel offline and online media campaigns across Paid, Owned and Earned platforms.
- Briefing the creative to the internal design team ensuring marketing assets are produced on time and to a high standard that’s aligned to the brand. This will involve copywriting, creative direction and stakeholder management.
- Effective project management - presenting the plans/creative to senior stakeholders for approval and once approved ensuring campaigns are executed on time and to a high standard.
- Work with stakeholders to identify key opportunities to promote editorial and product throughout the year. Supporting with idea generation through to execution of the campaigns.
- Identify new partner opportunities and project manage external partnerships that support the business strategy. Ensuring partnerships are maximised to their full potential, key stakeholders are well informed and that tasks are completed on time and to a high standard.
- Work with the performance marketing team and external agencies to support and implement mobile app acquisition and engagement strategies to meet KPIs (MAUs; DAUs, registrations).
- Provide feedback to stakeholders on performance of propositions and campaigns, using insight and analysis.
- Work with editorial to update content engagement campaigns and provide regular reporting updates for stakeholders when requested.
- Present campaigns to internal and external stakeholders.
- Prepare and update key documents efficiently and accurately including budget trackers; campaign calendars, case studies and material for senior stakeholder meetings.
- Undertake continuous analysis of competitive environment and consumer trends. Understand and report on trends and innovative marketing techniques in the wider industry.
Key Skills and Experience:
- Notable experience in a similar B2C marketing role.
- Creative, with strong copywriting skills and a keen eye for detail.
- Excellent project management and multitasking skills.
- Good understanding of the marketing mix, specifically digital channels.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively across multiple teams.
- Adaptable, intuitive, organised and resilient.
- Ability to analyse campaigns and make recommendations based on data and insight.
- A positive, ‘can do’ attitude and confident in bringing new and relevant ideas to the table.
- Experience working with senior stakeholders and external partners and agencies.
- A passion and commitment for working in a fast-paced media environment.
The Telegraph is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.