Product Manager - 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
The Telegraph’s mission is to deliver quality, trusted, award-winning journalism, 24 hours a day and across all the platforms our customers use – digital and print.
Our portfolio includes The Telegraph website and app, The Daily Telegraph and The Sunday Telegraph print titles and The Telegraph Edition app.
Recently named as the UK’s leading quality news brand, our digital content reaches more than 27 million users across the UK (UKOM MMX MP).
Product Managers are the strategists behind our Digital product suite, responsible for creating, communicating and driving product visions and roadmaps within the wider product and company strategy. Working in close collaboration with stakeholders and maintaining regular touch-points with customers is essential to the product team. A strong and up to date knowledge of competitors, products which inspire them and the wider digital community provides context and inspiration for their decision-making process.
Using data to track usage daily and drive long-term decisions, the product team are the decision makers on priority and order of both long-term goals and sprint by sprint feature development.
Product managers work closely with technical teams to deliver technically efficient and performant solutions which fit within our wider technology strategy and architecture.
Key Role Requirements:
- Using research, competitor analysis and knowledge of the wider digital and economic climate to suggest and assess product opportunities and ideas.
- Work closely with delivery and development teams to build products that consumers will become engaged and enthused by.
- Work collaboratively with commercial and commerce teams to ensure products drive revenue for the business.
- Ensure a close working relationship with our customer and data teams to ensure that you have the data and research required to make product decisions as well as the ability to track usage and results.
- Continually develop your stakeholder relationships to ensure buy-in across the relevant business and technology teams.
- Measure and improve the effectiveness of the product development process.
- Maintain up-to-date product roadmaps to reflect changing priorities and communicate passionately and regularly to the business.
- Maintaining excellent, collaborative relationships with our Technology colleagues and business stakeholders to ensure that their input is considered and valued - at all times.
Key Skills and Experience:
- A reasoned, critical and decisive thinker, able to weigh up options, understand different viewpoints and clearly communicate why a certain course of action is preferable
- Great understanding of how a wide range of technologies work, and how they create user experiences for every type of user – readers, advertisers, editors
- Relationship builder with a proven ability to make complex business problems easily understandable.
- An entrepreneurial thinker who is focussed on business targets.
- Able to work well in teams, with excellent communication skills and a strong bias for problem-solving within a group context.
- Proven and demonstrable skills in product management and online product lifecycle.
- Demonstrable experience working with teams using Agile methodologies (e.g. Scrum, Kanban)
- Knowledge and interest in Technology and the ever-changing world of digital publishing.
The Telegraph is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.