Trading Manager - Travel
The Telegraph's Travel Commerce department is looking for an ambitious Trading Manager to drive the commercial success of the above travel categories. Your will be responsible for revenue targets and the strategy to meet them. You will be a key member of Telegraph Travel, managing and setting goals for a small team and working with the marketing, editorial and partnerships teams to achieve challenging revenue targets.
You will achieve your targets by continually ensuring that we are offering the right products to our customer base. This will entail account managing the travel companies that we work with, specifying inventory in order to grow bookings.
These will be merchandised on our online platforms and through The Telegraph newspaper and track performance, which will require the ability to think strategically and act tactically. This role is at the fulcrum of the business ensuring the commercial success of our travel products to our core audiences.
As an accomplished digital professional, you will have already led new initiatives in the travel or media industries. You will be analytical, with a good grasp of analytics tools as well as demonstrable experience of trading success, and will be looking to employ your skills in a challenging new role to drive the product and business development of the Telegraph Travel proposition.
- Responsibility for achievement of revenue targets as well as other KPIs for your category
- Grow value of your accounts through effective account management including driving up partner conversion rate
- Understand Telegraph customer base and how to market to specific target audiences through offline and online channels
- Client Relationship Management - provide a professional, pro-active and efficient day-to-day point of contact.
- Manage regular communication with partners. Decide when to highlight partner opportunities internally.
- Work with marketing team to attract requisite travel buyers
- Specify the right inventory for Telegraph audiences including identifying any inventory gaps and recommending how to fill them
- Analyse booking, click and conversion data, on a daily basis, in order to track effectiveness of trading plan and use information to continually improve tracked metrics
- Forecast revenue and bookings for your categories
- Trend analysis, reviewing competitors, and spotting gaps in the market. Seek out new opportunities and ideas for future business developments.
- Partner Analytics – liaise and work with the partner and the internal Analytics team to ensure full visibility on all activity and maximise all revenue generating opportunities.
- Monitor and analyse external sales reports. Creation of sales and revenue reports.
- Assimilation of partner knowledge leading to demonstrable ability to influence their decisions. Experience of acting as voice of partner within organisations.
- Ensure that the click through rate and conversions will support business ambitions
- Manage and motivate a team to excel in their sectors and grow in stature and responsibility
- Provide a clear and inspirational strategy to turn a successful reader offers category into an innovative ecommerce business
Required Skills and Experience
- Analytical ability with proven experience of understanding and communicating website customer data and click patterns
- Demonstrable experience of running and growing a budget line or small business
- Proven success in online trading management over five years or more
- Management of multiple product categories to achieve targets
- Demonstrable account management experience, growing the value of an existing partner base and setting success criteria
- Attention to detail and a track record of executing continuous improvement without management oversight
- Experience of specifying testing, reporting on results and taking action where appropriate
- Entrepreneurial mind-set
- Confidence working with people at all levels as the role involves regular communication both internally and externally on strategic and tactic
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of Excel and web analytic tools, e.g. Omniture, Google Analytics, etc
The Telegraph is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.