Commercial Sponsorship Manager (Bespoke B2C Events)
Telegraph Events are recruiting for a new Commercial Manager to focus on sponsorship sales for their Bespoke Consumer Events.
Telegraph Bespoke Events deliver unforgettable and exclusive experiences for Telegraph audiences. The division is comprised of 20 events across the portfolio and includes The Telegraph Legends Series, The Telegraph Gin Experience, The Telegraph Whiskey Experience, The Telegraph Football Live, The Telegraph Author Series and custom activations for the Commercial division.
The main revenue stream for these events is sponsorship and this role is responsible for the sponsorship revenues on the Bespoke team. Run and lead the sponsorship team and deliver all sponsorship revenue streams across the Bespoke portfolio. New business development and account management of existing sponsor and partners.
- Driving sponsorship revenues across Bespoke division circa £850k per annum
- Source and generate new Bespoke series partners across the division.
- Source and deliver event specific sponsors and partners across the Bespoke division c 20 events per year.
- Develop and account manage existing series sponsors and event-specific partners
- Manage and lead Sponsorship executive to deliver 2nd and 3rd tier sponsorship partners
- Work across The Telegraph commercial teams to educate them on Bespoke sponsorship opportunities to reach a wider partnership base to drive revenues
- Work closely with commercial partners to engage them fully in the Bespoke division partnership/event specific partnership and maximise their ROI
- Look to source sponsorship partners who add value to the events through both commercial investment, but also their wider marketing reach and relevant brand association. This role will involve strong collaboration with the Marketing Manager and the Divisional Director.
- Lead regular sponsorship meetings with the Sponsorship Executive and report pipelines weekly across the events to the Divisional Director.
- Understand the sponsorship market and sectors to identify relevant partners .
- Manage the sponsorship account process from source through to debrief and future participation.
- Work closely with the relevant team members who will also be assisting on sponsorship accounts.
Required Skills and Experience
- Senior-level sponsorship experience including lead generation, successful sales, account management and relationship building.
- Ability to work with partners across multiple delivery channels to gain maximum client ROI and event investment.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills to work and lead within multi-discipline teams both internal and external.
- Excellent proposal, presentation and account debrief skills.
- Ability to work towards sponsorship event targets, and to motivate, manage and lead junior members to assist in achievement
- Build clear and strategic pipelines and deliver to KPIs
- Planned and organised approach to prospecting, managing and delivering revenues to target
The Telegraph is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.