Senior Advertising Operations Executive
The Telegraph is currently seeking a brilliant new Senior Ad Operations Executive, to join it's multi award-winning Advertising Operations team at their central London offices.
This is a perfect opportunity for someone with prior experience in an Ad Ops role, maybe looking to move from a smaller team to the larger operation we have at The Telegraph.
The Advertising Operations team work to ensure that the implementation and delivery of The Telegraph's digital advertising campaigns is effective and efficient and to facilitate and deliver revenue.
You will have strong attention to detail, you will be highly personable with good communication skills, and able to "spin plates", managing multiple priorities concurrently.
Key job responsibilities
- Identifying and proposing process and procedure improvements as appropriate.
- Provide guidance and support to Ad Ops Executives, sharing knowledge and experience.
- Work with Sales to ensure we are delivering the best solution for their Client/Agency
- Help ensure that agreed pricing policies are maintained by sales people across the business.
- Work with Sales to identify and advance any opportunities to improve performance of campaigns.
- Work with Ad Ops Executives to ensure process and procedures are adhered to across the team.
- Ensure client retention is maximised by delivering high standard of understanding and ensuring the Ad Ops team provide the highest levels of service with regard to pre, mid and post campaign support.
- Develop and maintain necessary technical knowledge to understand full campaign delivery process, enabling accurate and proficient trafficking and troubleshooting of all campaigns.
- Communicate with client/agency on campaign delivery and performance supported by the generation of regular reports.
- Commitment to learn how to use all internal systems and tools required to manage a campaign and to maintain an appropriate level of knowledge of those systems.
- Assist Ad Ops Managers to monitor overall campaign delivery and team performance
- Work with 3rd Parties to brief, implement and test new products and ad formats. Monitor and maintain up to date technical specifications for our ad products.
- Lead by example and ensure all team members are operating professionally at all times
Specific requirements / skills
- Demonstrable experience in an Advertising Operations team.
- Understand and be able to traffic ad campaigns for all forms of rich media, including new ad formats and cross platform.
- Understand and advise others on use of 3rd party ad servers (DFP, etc)
- Be able to use debugging and simulator tools such as Charles, HttpFox, Http Scoop, Xcode etc.
- Accuracy: high standard required.
- Numeracy: excellent standard required, thorough with attention to detail.
- Communication: excellent written and verbal (telephone) to express positive and negative feedback to other departments and third parties effectively.
- Team work: ability to take responsibility, be assertive and confident, co-ordinate ideas and follow process.
- Attitude: energetic, flexible approach, with ability to manage internal relationships, respond to challenge and work under pressure, proactive in identifying new opportunities and taking responsibility.
- Creativity: ability to innovate and to translate concepts into workable actions.
- IT skills: to be fully literate and adaptable to new systems.
- Able to use Excel and PowerPoint to Intermediate standard.
The Telegraph is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.