Contract Type: Permanent Full Time
Closing Date: 23 February 2018
Salary: Competitive Salary + Excellent Benefits
The Telegraph is recruiting a brand new Technology team for its biggest, most high-impact new journalism initiative in years.
Based in London and California, the brief of the new department is to chronicle through quality journalism the technological revolution going on around us, and to campaign to harness it to ensure that Britain’s society and economy are retooled for the challenges of a new, global era.
We are seeking world-class technology journalists to provide the best, most relevant stories, features and analysis, newsletters, podcasts and videos to expand our audience across all Telegraph platforms.
● Working as part of a brand new team of journalists to produce The Telegraph’s technology content, primarily for the website and the newspaper.
● Based in London, you will work to tight deadlines, breaking stories, writing features and commentary, conducting interviews, curating live blogs, creating videos, graphics and Snapchat content as well as taking part in Telegraph Technology events.
● You will bring in exclusive stories, have ideas on how to take stories on and generally how improve the quality of Telegraph technology coverage
● Areas you will be expected to cover include:
- GAFA (Google, Amazon, Facebook, Apple)
- Entrepreneurship, including the London, European and Israeli start-up scenes
- Political technology - use and abuse
- Transport tech (driverless cars and space rockets)
● You will work with the portal, social media and SEO teams to help promote the technology team’s digital output.
Specific requirements & skills
● Good writing skills, a hunger to learn and improve, and finely tuned journalistic instincts
● Have experience of working in a newspaper, news wire, specialist publication or digital environment.
● Experience of planning and producing agenda-setting content across all platforms.
● Familiar with new technology and its effects on businesses and society
● A strong visual sense and the ability to use video and graphics as well as pictures
● Knowledge of, and experience with, the different types of digital storytelling
● Highly numerically literate - able to turn raw data into a concise news story.
The Telegraph is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.