Contract Type: Fixed Term Full Time
Closing Date: 31 July 2018
Salary: Competitive Salary + Excellent Benefits
The Telegraph is looking to hire a betting reporter on a 6 month fixed-term contract to join its editorial team.
Candidates will need experience of writing betting content across a range of sports but primarily football and horse racing, contributing regular tipping articles, betting guides and previews across the week.
● Writing betting tips, guides and previews for The Telegraph, both online and in print.
● Producing engaging and informative content and analysis.
● Involved in producing content across all Telegraph platforms, including video and audio.
● Ensuring fast and accurate filing of copy.
● Adopting a versatile approach to cover a range of sports, with a primary focus on football and horse racing.
● Responsible for helping to maximise digital traffic through concise and interesting storytelling.
Essential skills required for the role
● Experience and understanding of the sports betting market.
● Proven ability to write tipping articles and betting guides alongside more in-depth previews, features and analysis.
● Digitally savvy - understanding of digital storytelling and optimisation of content through social media and SEO across a range of platforms.
● Broad knowledge of sport, particularly football and horse racing.
Additional skills useful for the role
● Able to respond well under pressure and adhere to strict deadlines.
● Familiarity with content management systems.
What you can expect from The Telegraph if you’re the successful candidate
You will have the chance to work with the best sports team in the country, alongside some of the finest reporters and correspondents in the business. The Telegraph devotes more space to sport than any other newspaper. As well as a fantastic digital operation, it alone provides its readers with an award-winning stand-alone section every day of the week. We pride our ability always to work together to deliver the best sports coverage every day.
The Telegraph’s goal is to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are committed to building a team that reflects a wide variety of skills, perspectives and backgrounds.
We are an equal opportunities employer, hiring solely on merit and business need. We encourage applications regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood and disability. If you require reasonable adjustments in any recruitment process with us, please make us aware.