The Telegraph’s mission is to deliver quality, trusted, award-winning journalism, 24 hours a day and across all the platforms our customers use – digital and print.
Our portfolio includes The Telegraph website and app, The Daily Telegraph and The Sunday Telegraph print titles and The Telegraph Edition app.
Recently named as the UK’s leading quality news brand, our digital content reaches more than 27 million users across the UK (UKOM MMX MP).
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Marketing Manager/ Senior Manager to support growth of The Telegraph Commerce business whose current products and services include, but are not limited to, Education, Fantasy Gaming, Puzzles, Dating, Bookshop, Tickets, Shop & Garden.
The senior marketer is responsible for devising and implementing successful campaigns that drive significant audience growth and revenue across the breadth of the Telegraph Commerce business.
Utilising the wider Customer team’s specialist departments - Design, Data and Performance Marketing (Media, SEO, PPC, Programmatic, Paid social and CRM), the role will develop campaigns with a full marketing mix across Paid, Owned and Earned channels. Effectively monitoring results and optimising to ensure that campaign objectives are achieved.
The Consumer Marketing team is a central business resource, working closely with the wider Customer team to develop and implement fully integrated marketing strategies that drive commercial value and growth across key business verticals: Editorial & Product, Subscriptions, Travel, Financial Solutions, Events and Commerce.
The consumer marketer has a holistic view across campaigns and the wider business to ensure strategies are aligned and complementary.
Working across function to ensure campaigns are effectively communicated, widely understood and delivery expectations are managed.
Key Role Responsibilities:
- Oversee all online and offline marketing initiatives for The Telegraph Commerce business. This will include:
- Working closely with the Commerce Product Managers to ensure campaigns are aligned to the strategy with clear KPIs.
- Prioritising campaigns and managing expectations and delivery.
- Briefing the campaign to the Performance Marketing team (including objectives, audience segmentation and budget). Working alongside the team to set the strategy for delivering impactful multi-channel offline and online campaigns across Paid, Owned and Earned platforms to drive results. KPIs may include, but are not limited to, revenue generation, improving brand visibility, data acquisition, traffic driving and lead generation.
- Working with internal creative and brand teams to deliver campaigns across digital and print that effectively communicate The Telegraph Commerce proposition. Briefing the creative strategy and ensuring marketing assets are produced on time and to a high standard that’s aligned to the brand. This will involve copywriting and providing creative direction.
- Monitor campaign results to optimise, expand and evolve campaigns, presenting results back to stakeholders.
- Work with Finance & Data team to ensure reporting suite allows for tracking of all required KPIs.
- Work with the SEO & Content Manager and Commerce Product teams to identify suitable content for promotion to increase traffic and improve brand visibility.
- Oversee marketing budget management and forecasting. Working with the Performance Marketing team to agree budget phasing and channel mix in order to hit agreed traffic and revenue targets.
- Work with the Commerce Product Managers to build and maintain a marketing trading calendar. Identifying cross-functional opportunities working alongside the wider consumer marketing team.
- Brief PR/Comms team on new Commerce initiatives to take advantage of Earned channel opportunities.
- Represent the wider Customer Organisation, supporting and facilitating needs of the Commerce business that impact other service teams within Customer (namely Data & Insight, Research, Creative, Performance Marketing). Manage all Commerce requests into Customer Organisation and ensure delivery as per agreed timelines.
- Undertake continuous analysis of competitive environment and consumer trends. Understand and report on trends and innovative marketing techniques in the wider industry.
- Prepare and update key documents efficiently and accurately including budget trackers; campaign calendars and material for senior stakeholder meetings.
Key Skills and Experience:
- A proven track record of successfully managing marketing campaigns for a B2C, marketing-led organisation across the full marketing mix.
- An excellent digital background with a solid understanding of content marketing and distribution, social channels and proposect engagement. You should be able to point to successfully growing a brand through digital marketing initiatives in a previous role.
- Strong project management and prioritisation skills with demonstrable ability to manage and deliver multiple projects successfully and to budget.
- Strategic and commercial with drive, enthusiasm and determination.
- Ability to analyse campaigns and make decisions/recommendations based on data and insight.
- Budget/forecasting ability based on KPIs and ROI.
- Experience working with, and influencing, senior stakeholders.
- Creative, with strong copywriting skills.
- Excellent problem solver, offering the right balance of creativity and pragmatism, with the confidence to challenge assumptions and instigate positive change to achieve business goals.
- Demonstrable ability to manage and deliver projects successfully and to budget.
The Telegraph is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.