Events Sponsorship Manager
The Telegraph's events department is seeking a new Sponsorship Manager to work closely with the Telegraph Events production, marketing and operations team to activate and deliver sponsorships, securing new business against our portfolio of legacy conferences.
You will be an ambitious sales professional with a proven background in B2B sales of conference/expo sponsorship packages, and the ability to pitch both proven and launch events.
You will enjoy working with Telegraph Business Events if what you're looking for is a fast-moving and entrepreneurial team with a real start-up feel; now 3 years of age, the department is growing in size to ensure we are able to deliver the expanding portfolio of conferences, alongside bespoke events.
- Selling bespoke sponsorship packages to senior decision makers on a national and international scale
- Meeting face-to-face with industry leaders and give clear and concise feedback to project team
- Leading high-level pitches to existing and new clients · Guiding and advising clients through the opportunity and process
- Working closely with the account managers to ensure that all aspects of sponsorship are met and fulfilled
- Working closely with the portfolio producer and marketing manager to help identify new topics and commercial opportunities
- Building and maintaining long successful relationships with clients
- Efficiently planning time against weekly/monthly targets and be able to clearly present results back to the sponsorship team
- Ensure that business conduct reflects an enthusiastic and efficient image of the department and the Telegraph brand
- Stays abreast of trends in your sector and understand how they impact clients’ business and marketing initiatives
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the content-marketing/branded content industry and provide thought leadership and guidance to clients
Required Skills and Experience
- Extensive demonstrable B2B sales experience, and selling conference/expo sponsorship
- Excellent business development experience, taking care of your long standing clients, as well as exceeding your targets
- Strong market knowledge and up-to-date with the latest events news
- Solid sales mythology that is both consultative and solution orientated
- Superb negotiation skills and thriving in a deadline-driven environment
- Excellent written, oral and communication skills
- Adept in relationship management, with external clients, internal stakeholders and 3rd party suppliers
The Telegraph is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.