SQL Data Analyst (junior/entry level)
The Digital Advertising department of The Telegraph is seeking a strong and ambitious Data & Pricing Analyst, coming in at an entry-level to work as part of the Monetisation and Operational Analytics team.
The focus of the role will be to help grow the revenues from digital advertising through effective management of The Telegraph's digital inventory data, a great opportunity to work with some of the most respected and forward-thinking individuals in the digital world.
- Extract, collect, manipulate, validate and analyse Telegraph Digital data.
- Partner to the data architecture team on our data-lake advertising stats.
- Produce transformative insights from price & yield management data across our digital products.
- Identifying opportunities to make the execution of insights more efficient or effective.
- Rate-card Analysis & Management.
- Identify pricing opportunities & initiatives to generate digital revenue growth.
- Produce standardised reporting & dashboards around pricing and inventory management.
- Supporting the team’s overall reporting through strong data mining techniques.
- Partner with the rest of the team on new initiatives for reporting.
Required Skills and Experience
- Experience working with large and complex data-sets.
- Knowledge of programming languages such as SQL/Python.
- Excellent analytic skills with strong accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office Tools (Excel and PowerPoint) and ideally some basic knowledge of BI Tools (i.e. Tableau, Business Objects, etc).
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, ability to develop strong working relationships across multiple cultures and solve problems through collaboration.
- Comfortable in working in a dynamic, high-pressure environment, managing multiple projects simultaneously and dealing with stakeholder at all levels.
- Strong team-work approach focusing on the collective objectives and deliverables.
The Telegraph is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.