Commercial Content Editor (Spark Travel)
Spark, the branded content department within The Telegraph, is seeking a new Commissioning Editor focusing specifically on Travel Content, working as part of Spark's highly successful commercial editorial team to partner with major companies and organisations to promote their products and services through bespoke websites, video, print supplements and advertorials.
This is an ideal role for someone already working in editorial but looking for an opportunity to work in a more commercial capacity, and whilst experience of travel writing is ideal it is definitely not essential.
- Working with sales teams, design teams (both print and digital) and account managers to devise creative and successful campaigns across Travel sectors.
- Liaising with clients and attending pitches as and when required.
- Translating briefs into solid, award-winning campaigns and commissioning freelance or in-house writers.
- Editing/writing copy to brief, to first-class standards and to Telegraph house style across all platforms (print, online, mobile).
- Organising and keeping track of project workflow and scheduling at all stages and across multiple campaigns, from concept to publication.
- Sourcing and negotiating celebs/talent to front campaigns.
- Deputising for other editors as necessary.
Required Skills and Experience
- Have solid commissioning and editing experience in the Travel sector.
- Have commercial experience, e.g. copywriting/client management skills and experience of delivering successful projects (print and digital) from pitch to publish.
- Have excellent organisational and communication skills.
- Be comfortable attending meetings with clients and creative agencies.
- Be used to working to tight deadlines and under pressure.
- Have strong editing skills, online and in print.
- Have experience of writing/editing for the web and using CMS software and SEO techniques.
The Telegraph is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.