Partnership Marketing Executive
This role is responsible for helping develop and deliver strategic and tactical subscription partnerships and for supporting the delivery of The Telegraph’s subscriber retention strategies.
The Telegraph’s subscriptions team is responsible for maximising a paying audience through our quality journalism, world-class products and excellent customer experience.
The key aims of the partnership team are to develop strategic brand partnerships that allow us to acquire more registered users and subscribers, from different audiences and align our brand to other great brands. The team also supports the retention strategies - creating partnerships that reward subscribers for staying with us.
The team have previously secured strategic partnerships with Fitbit, Amazon Prime & Alexa, Google Home, BT Sport to name a few and we regularly work with high-profile cultural institutions such as The National Gallery, Tate, RSC and English National Ballet. We are looking to create brilliant new partnerships all the time!
Key Role Requirements:
- Working alongside the wider Subscriptions team and also the Marketing team, proactively support the delivery of activity in the main focus areas of:
- Strategic partnerships to drive print and digital subscription acquisition and retention, as well as benefits for the wider company (editorial, marketing, advertising), including contra advertising, media partnerships, and internal partnerships.
- Third party partnerships including but not limited to the loyalty programme Telegraph Rewards (sourcing strong, innovative offers and marketing them accordingly), subscriber events and end-to-end subscriber communication.
- Developing and running Telegraph Rewards (https://www.telegraph.co.uk/rewards/) the Telegraph’s subscription loyalty scheme. Where relevant, contribute to and execute the Rewards strategy across other business priorities including registration, FS and Travel. Work closely with the Retention executive (in the same team) to manage the content and marketing of Telegraph Rewards.
- Working alongside Marketing to produce/update partnership marketing collateral and communication, postal mailings; monthly/weekly e-newsletters; branding at events, print/online adverts. This process includes writing concise and effective copy, briefing the design team and final client sign-off.
- Work alongside other areas of the business including Editorial, Legal, Marketing, Production and Advertising to ensure effective execution of projects.
- Developing and nurturing relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure maximum partnership opportunities and buy-in.
Key Skills and Experience:
- Marketing experience ideally within a media and/or subscriptions environment
- Exceptional communicator with a good telephone manner and confidence in a formal meeting/presentation environment
- Experience of building, nurturing and maintaining relationships across all levels of business (internal and external)
- Excellent attention to detail, planning, organisational and time management skills with the ability to work on competing deadlines under pressure, with a positive attitude
- A self-managing and self-motivating team player.
- A passion and commitment for working in a fast-paced media environment
What You get Back as a Telegraph employee:
- A role that is diverse and exciting, with no two days ever being the same. The pace is quick, and self-starters with great ideas and a passion will have the opportunity to get involved in lots of different areas or marketing, partnerships and subscriptions.
- Be part of a team that is energetic and passionate about the brand and our subscribers. We work hard and play hard and motivate each other to be the best we can!
- 25 days holiday; rising to 30 days after 3 years service, private pension, plus lifestyle, health & wellbeing and financial benefits.
The Telegraph is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.