Partnership Executive, Subscriptions
The Telegraph’s mission is to deliver quality, trusted, award-winning journalism, 24 hours a day and across all the platforms our customers use – digital and print.
Our portfolio includes The Telegraph website and app, The Daily Telegraph and The Sunday Telegraph print titles and The Telegraph Edition app.
Recently named as the UK’s leading quality news brand, our digital content reaches more than 27 million users across the UK (UKOM MMX MP).
This role is responsible for helping develop and deliver strategic and tactical subscription partnerships and for supporting the delivery of The Telegraph’s subscriber retention strategies.
Key Role Requirements:
- Working alongside the wider Subscriptions team and also the Marketing team, proactively support the delivery of activity in the main focus areas of:
- Strategic partnerships to drive print and digital subscription acquisition and retention, as well as benefits for the wider company (editorial, marketing, advertising), including contra advertising, media partnerships, and internal partnerships.
- Large-scale tactical partnerships to drive digital subscription acquisitions.
- Corporate subscriptions working with HR departments and large companies, including bulk subscription deals for both staff and customers
- Education subscriptions working with universities and schools
- Partner publications, including international news brands
- Third party partnerships but not limited to the loyalty programme Telegraph Rewards (sourcing strong, innovative offers and marketing them accordingly), subscriber events, and end to end subscriber communication.
- Developing and running Telegraph Rewards, the Telegraph’s subscription loyalty scheme. Where relevant, contribute to and execute the Rewards strategy across other business priorities including registration, FS and Travel. Work closely with the Retention executive (in the same team) to manage the content and marketing of Telegraph Rewards.
- Working alongside Marketing to produce/update partnership marketing collateral and communication, postal mailings; monthly/weekly e-newsletters; branding at events, print/online adverts. This process includes writing concise and effective copy, briefing the design team and final client sign-off.
- Work alongside other areas of the business including Editorial, Legal, Marketing, Production and Advertising to ensure effective execution of projects.
- Updating and monitoring budgets and reporting keeping abreast of targets.
- Producing reports for key stakeholders that may include post campaign analysis, future partnerships status, competitor activity and market trends.
- Developing and nurturing relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure maximum partnership opportunities and buy-in.
Key Skills and Experience:
- Marketing experience ideally within a media and/or subscriptions environment
- Exceptional communicator with a good telephone manner and confidence in a formal meeting / presentation environment
- Experience of building, nurturing and maintaining relationships across all levels of business (internal and external)
- Excellent attention to detail, planning, organisational and time management skills with the ability to work to competing tight deadlines under pressure, with a positive attitude
- A self-managing and self-motivating team player.
- A passion and commitment for working in a fast-paced media environment
The Telegraph is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.