The Telegraph’s mission is to deliver quality, trusted, award-winning journalism, 24 hours a day and across all the platforms our customers use – digital and print.
Our portfolio includes The Telegraph website and app, The Daily Telegraph and The Sunday Telegraph print titles and The Telegraph Edition app.
Recently named as the UK’s leading quality news brand, our digital content reaches more than 27 million users across the UK (UKOM MMX MP).
To act as a bridge between the Financial Solutions team and the CRM and data teams to drive the Financial Solutions CRM strategy:
- Develop the segments
- Work with the data teams to build the segments
- Recommend the methodology and messaging for the segment
- Work with the CRM and Trading execs to develop the collateral
- Evaluate and optimise the campaigns
- Share learnings
Utilising the Customer team’s specialist departments - Data & Insight, Creative, Performance Marketing (media, SEO, CRM, paid), the role will develop CRM campaigns to acquire, cross-sell and retain customers This will include tactical campaigns focused on product launches, offers and seasonal campaigns.
Key Role Responsibilities:
- Oversee all CRM initiatives for The Telegraph Financial services business providing the vision and direction. This will include:
- Responsible for driving revenue and managing performance through CRM and data
- Working closely with the FS trading team to ensure campaigns are aligned to the strategy with clear KPIs.
- Develop a clear and in-depth understanding of the FS target market across products and be able to advocate these segments to others in the marketing teams
- Devising and implementing the strategy across the full range of CRM channels (direct mail, email, outbound calling, digital display)
- Working with the data and audiendience intelligence teams to find new opportunities and understand customer segments, their online and offline behaviour, including reading patterns
- Prioritising these campaigns and managing expectations and delivery.Briefing the campaign to the Performance Marketing team (including objectives and budget).
- Recommending the methodology and messaging for the segment
- Monitoring these result to optimise, expand and evolve campaigns, presenting results back to stakeholders.Working with internal customer teams to deliver leading CRM campaigns that effectively deliver on the Telegraph Financial solutions Initiate test and learn strategies to improve effectiveness of marketing assets.
- Oversee CRM forecasting and responsible for suggesting resources required, including databases
- Working with the Performance Marketing team to agree budget phasing and channel mix in order to hit agreed traffic and revenue targets.
- Work collaboratively with senior stakeholders ensuring strategies are effectively communicated, widely understood and supported.
- Undertake continuous analysis of consumer trends.
- Provide feedback to senior stakeholders on the performance of propositions and campaigns, using insight and analysis.
- Improve performance of the function/department through the analysis of existing business processes, identifying innovative alternatives and recommendations for more effective or efficient 'ways of working'.
Key Skills and Experience:
- A CRM and data professional with a proven track record of successfully managing CRM campaigns for a B2C organisation (Financial services industry experience is preferable).
- A solid understanding of CRM channels and performance marketing
- A good understanding of ACORN, Fresco and other financial solutions databases
- Demonstrated Experience in Adobe tech stack (Adobe Analytics, Audience Manager and Campaign) manager would be highly advantageous
- Budget/forecasting ability based on KPIs and ROI.
- Experience working in a matrix organisation and working with senior stakeholders.
- Strategic, commercial and pragmatic, with drive, enthusiasm and determination.
- Independent individual contributor and collaborative team player.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to work confidently with internal and external teams.
- Strong motivator and experienced in influencing business departments to deliver in partnership with them.
- Demonstrable ability to manage and deliver projects successfully and to budget.
- Excellent problem solver, offering the right balance of creativity and pragmatism, with the confidence to challenge assumptions and instigate positive change to achieve business goals.
- Organised, professional and resilient.
- A passion and commitment for working in a fast-paced media and Financial Solutions environment.
What we give back:
- A full range of fantastic benefits including 25 days holiday per annum, childcare vouchers, enhanced maternity leave, private medical insurance and an onsite gym (with yoga classes and masseurs!)
- A flexible attitude to working, as agreed with your manager
The Telegraph is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.