Purpose/overview of role:
To support the development and growth of The Telegraph subscriptions business. Working alongside the subscriptions team, the Senior Marketing Manager will devise and implement campaigns that support strategic initiatives for acquisition and retention across print and digital subscriptions.
Utilising the wider Customer team’s specialist departments - Design, Brand, Data and Performance Marketing (Media, SEO, PPC, Programmatic, Paid social and CRM), the role will develop campaigns with a full marketing mix across Paid, Owned and Earned channels. Effectively monitoring results and optimising to ensure that campaign objectives are achieved.
Consumer Marketing Team:
The Consumer Marketing team is a central business resource, working closely with the wider Customer team to develop and implement fully integrated marketing strategies that drive commercial value and growth across key business verticals: Editorial & Product, Subscriptions, Travel, Financial Solutions, Events and Lifestyle Commerce.
The consumer marketer has a holistic view across campaigns and the wider business to ensure strategies are aligned and complementary.
Working across function to ensure campaigns are effectively communicated, widely understood and delivery expectations are managed.
Key Role Responsibilities:
- Oversee all marketing initiatives for The Telegraph subscriptions business providing the vision and direction to grow and ensure the successful, long-term strategic development of the brand. This will include:
- Working closely with the senior subscriptions team to ensure the customer proposition is strong and campaigns are aligned to the strategy with clear KPIs.
- Devising and implementing the campaign strategy across the full marketing mix of below and above-the-line channels (where relevant).
- Prioritising these campaigns and managing expectations and delivery.
- Briefing the campaign to the Performance Marketing team (including objectives and budget). Working alongside the team to set the strategy for delivering impactful multi-channel offline and online media campaigns across Paid, Owned and Earned platforms to drive results. This may include (but not limited to) increasing volume, generating revenue, building prospects/qualified leads, driving engagement.
- Working with internal and external creative and brand teams to deliver campaigns that effectively communicate The Telegraph’s subscription proposition. Briefing the creative strategy across digital and print, ensuring marketing assets are produced on time and to a best in market standard that’s aligned to the brand.
- Presenting the plans to the senior subscription stakeholders for approval and once approved ensuring plans are executed on time and on budget.
- Monitoring these result to optimise, expand and evolve campaigns, presenting results back to stakeholders.
- Initiate test and learn strategies to improve effectiveness of marketing assets.
- Work with the Subscriptions, Product and Editorial teams to build and maintain a marketing calendar. Identifying cross-functional opportunities working alongside the wider consumer marketing team.
- Support the growth of Telegraph Newspaper Edition app (The Telegraph’s tablet subscription product) working with stakeholders across the business (Product, Creative, UI). This will include working with the performance marketing team and ASO specialists to update the store listing pages and marketing collateral.
- Work with Data and Performance Marketing team to ensure reporting suite allows for tracking of all required KPIs.
- Oversee marketing budget management and forecasting. Working with the Subscription and Performance Marketing team to agree budget phasing and channel mix in order to hit agreed volume and revenue targets.
- Brief PR/Comms team on new subscription initiatives to take advantage of Earned channel opportunities.
- Undertake continuous analysis of competitive environment and consumer trends. Understand and report on trends and innovative marketing techniques in the wider industry.
- Prepare and update key documents efficiently and accurately including budget trackers, campaign calendars and material for senior stakeholder meetings.
Key Skills and Experience:
- A proven track record of successfully managing marketing campaigns for a B2C, marketing-led organisation across the full channel mix (subscription service experience preferable).
- An excellent digital background. You should be able to point to successfully growing a brand through digital marketing initiatives in a previous role.
- Strong project management skills with demonstrable ability to manage and deliver multiple projects successfully and to budget.
- Strategic and commercial with drive, enthusiasm and determination.
- Creative, with strong copywriting skills.
- Solid understanding of marketing channels and strategies.
- Ability to analyse campaigns and make decisions/recommendations based on data and insight.
- Budget/forecasting ability based on KPIs and ROI.
- Experience working with senior stakeholders and external agencies.
- Excellent problem solver, offering the right balance of creativity and pragmatism, with the confidence to challenge assumptions and instigate positive change to achieve business goals.
- Independent individual contributor and collaborative team player.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to work confidently with internal and external teams.
- Organised, professional and resilient with strong attention to detail.
- A passion and commitment for working in a fast-paced media environment.
The Telegraph is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.