Senior Partnership Manager, Subscriptions
The Telegraph’s mission is to deliver quality, trusted, award-winning journalism, 24 hours a day and across all the platforms our customers use – digital and print.
Our portfolio includes The Telegraph website and app, The Daily Telegraph and The Sunday Telegraph print titles and The Telegraph Edition app.
Recently named as the UK’s leading quality news brand, our digital content reaches more than 27 million users across the UK (UKOM MMX MP).
This role is responsible for managing and executing the partnership aspects of subscriber retention and acquisition in a strategically vital and rapidly developing team.
Key Role Requirements:
- Securing strategic partnerships to drive print and digital subscription acquisition and retention, as well as benefits for the wider company (editorial, marketing, advertising), including but not limited to:
- Internal partnerships with other areas of the business (Travel, Commerce, Financial Solutions etc)
- Media partnerships (subscription elements)
- Contra advertising
- Incentive offers
- Securing large-scale partnerships to drive digital subscriptions.
- Corporate subscriptions working with HR departments and large companies, including bulk subscription deals for both staff and customers
- Education subscriptions working with universities and schools
- Partner publications, including international news brands
- Third party partnerships
- Managing and developing Telegraph Rewards, the Telegraph’s subscription loyalty scheme. Where relevant, contribute to and manage the Rewards strategy across other business priorities including registration, Financial Solutions and Travel.
- Working alongside the wider Subscriptions team as well as the Marketing, CRM and Customer Contact Centre teams to manage partnership communications to new and existing subscribers across all platforms.
- Monitoring budgets keeping abreast of targets.
- Producing reports for key stakeholders that may include post-campaign analysis, future partnerships status, competitor activity and market trends.
- Developing and nurturing relationships with key senior stakeholders in the business.
- Managing and developing a Partnerships Executive, Subscriptions, who will be the support on all areas of this role.
Key Skills and Experience:
- Considerable marketing and partnerships experience ideally within a media and/or subscriptions environment
- Effective communicator with experience of building, nurturing and maintaining relationships across all levels of business (internal and external)
- Specific experience of partnership marketing; approaching third-party organisations and devising/executing partnerships to meet specific business objectives
- An element of basic sales skills (negotiating, prospect development, strong telephone manner, confident presenter)
- Account management skills to retain partnerships
- Strong copywriting skills
- Excellent attention to detail, planning, organisational and time management skills
- The ability to work to tight deadlines under pressure, with a positive attitude
- A passion and commitment for working in a fast-paced media environment
The Telegraph is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.