Concession Space Sales Assistant
We have an exciting new opportunity for you to join us on our mission to be the best loved toyshop - working as a Sales Assistant in an Asda Supermarket!
As a Sales Assistant, you will look after your own toy aisles within our unique concession space within this large established retailer. With your awesome skills, knowledge and experience in every aspect of toy retailing, you will help us deliver an amazing shopping experience for our new customers. Having bucket loads of enthusiasm will help you with this unique role which will demand you to be self-motivated, able to work on your own initiative and always take pride in your work.
Working independently, your job will be focused on delivering the Entertainer experience whilst managing your own workload. You must be confident interacting with customers, demonstrating toys, skilled in active selling and able to merchandise our stock to very high standards! Accepting deliveries, managing stock locations and pricing will be key to securing those sales and making replenishment an easy task. With your Line Manager’s support through daily communications, you will have the confidence to make decisions and implement commercial plans for the success of the department.
Your key tasks will include:
- Start of shift bay checks for pricing, gaps and security
- Replenishment from top shelves and back of house racking inspected for cleanliness and organisation
- Using a handover book s communication between colleagues for any important information and used to record anything needed for next shift
- Approaching customers in the aisles, making conversation and encouraging a sale through brilliant questions and genuine care about their reason for visiting
- Providing interactive customer demonstrations, at allotted times, when other tasking is not required
- Price changes
- Delivery processing
- Maintaining a shop floor presence as much as possible to provide customer experience like no other
To work for us in this position you must:
- Be reliable and dependable – you should always be on time for your shifts. You should be able to work on your own and complete tasks without supervision, using your initiative to make the department amazing
- Be practical and flexible – you will be working independently to unload deliveries and should be flexible with shift patterns and overtime. Thinking on your feet is key to your success in this awesome role
- Be enthusiastic and self-assured – you will be assertive in approaching all levels of management both at The Entertainer and the concession space store and you will love doing what you do
- Be tech savvy and responsible – you will use company property as intended and take care of it. You should be able to send and receive messages to your Line manager and keep up to date with instructions issued across all multimedia platforms
- Be open and honest – you will keep open communication with your Line Manager and colleagues, reporting issues promptly
- Be confident and decisive - you will be able to communicate clearly and respond quickly and positively to any changes.
- Be passionate and knowledgeable – you will approach and engage with your customers sharing your knowledge and great advice about our products through fantastic product demonstrations
Your working days will cover Monday to Saturday with no Sunday opening, so that day is for you and your family. Shift patterns will vary, but Saturday working is essential and you need to be flexible to work extra hours and shifts when needed.
Your rewards include:
- Profit Related Bonus Scheme
- 20% Toy Discount
- High Street & Leisure Discounts
- Life Cover
- Payroll Giving
- Cycle to Work scheme
Why not join our success story and see where it takes you? Aim High!