Driver - Staffordshire House
e have an exciting opportunity for a Driver to join our brilliant and hard-working team based at Staffordshire House on a part time basis.
Totally was established to support the NHS and ensure that patients could quickly access the healthcare they need. We partner with our healthcare commissioners across the UK & Ireland to deliver services that help them manage demand and reduce waiting lists. We deliver services for, Urgent Treatment Centres, NHS 111, GP out of Hours and a National Clinical Assessment Service from our Urgent Care Division.
Shifts times are:
Weekdays: 18:00-00:00 / 23:59-08:00
Weekends: 08:00-16:00 / 23:59-08:00
Your day to day…
You will support the Driver Team Leader in all aspects of the efficient and effective delivery of the Vocare Transport Service to transport Salaried & Sessional GP’s to deliver patient services. To support the operational teams with administrative functions.
- Ensure personal understanding and knowledge of the fleet vehicle is maintained to ensure flexibility to drive all vehicles
- Ensure vehicle checks are carried on a shift by shift basis to ensure the safety of GP, self and members of the general public
- Ensure the security of drugs and clinical equipment which is collected and returned on a shift by shift basis using appropriate procedures to record usage
- Ensure that routine maintenance, cleanliness and security of vehicles and equipment being used on a personal shift by shift basis
- Notify any required repairs as necessary to vehicles and equipment e.g. SatNav, ensuring vehicles are fit for purpose and available to meet business needs
- Participates in License Checks, driver assessment and all Mandatory Training for Drivers
- Promote positive and effective communications with other Driver’s, GP’s, Despatchers and other colleagues and external patients/business partners at all times
Qualifications, Experience & Training…
- Good general education, educated to NVQ 2 level or equivalent
- Previous experience of working in a team
- Previous experience of fleet maintenance
- Must be over 25 years or above (for insurance purposes)
- Valid driving license for the UK with a clean driving record. Every employee driving on behalf of the business must submit their driving license on an annual basis for a DVLA check
Rewards & Benefits…
- Annual Leave (pro rata for Part Time) - 25 days annual leave (plus Bank Holidays).
- Pension – 6% employer contribution (salary sacrifice scheme)
- NHS Pension* if eligible*.
- My Totally Rewards – A bespoke Rewards & Benefits platform giving you access to hundreds of online and instant discounts across various big-name retailers, cinemas, gym memberships, salary sacrifice schemes, including Wellbeing and Financial resources and support.
- Access to Blue Light Card and Health Service Employee Discount schemes.
- Share save scheme – Annual invitation to join the scheme to applicable employees.
- Enhanced Employee Assistance Programme – Provided by Health Assured.
- We Care including Virtual GP Services – 24/7 GP Appointments.
- Refer a friend Scheme.
- Death in Service - A tax-free lump sum of cash for your loved ones and beneficiaries.
For a full job description, further information about this role or to apply please contact the Resourcing team on firstname.lastname@example.org
Totally plc addresses the challenges of increased demand on healthcare services by delivering high-quality planned, urgent and insourced healthcare across the UK and Ireland.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.