Project Manager - Consultancy & Research
About The Role CIQUHP
Opportunity for an experienced Project Manager with strong commercial acumen to lead technical research and consultancy projects across the surface transport domain. The projects delivered by TRL range in size and complexity from multi-million turn-key implementations to week long research activity. The position holds accountability for ensuring the technical delivery teams deliver projects to deadline and customer satisfaction, and present the opportunity to play a key delivery role on projects across the surface transport domain that will impact lives and deliver efficiencies.
Key Duties / Responsibilities
- Manage people and project teams to ensure projects are delivered to cost and timeframe, whilst promoting effective teamwork among project team members.
- Ensure bids are produced, reviewed and successfully delivered to the client on time.
- Manage change appropriately within projects to reduce impacts on time and costs, and manage client expectations
- Build and maintain effective relationships with a defined set of key clients with a cross-business footprint, based on trust, effective management and timely delivery
- Drive project teams to be more efficient and deliver projects quicker than the anticipated profiles.
- Act as the key interface between the client and all relevant business divisions and other key stakeholders.
- Lead or participate in contract negotiations
- Assess and manage risks, including health and safety and data security issues
- Develop and execute ongoing communications at all levels of the business to ensure customer expectations are being met and to identify new opportunities
- Create demand for TRL’s products and services by raising our profile with key clients
- Ensure appropriate communication and escalation of project-related matters with Senior Management
- Ensure all bids and projects are fully compliant with TRL’s quality procedures, and project documentation is comprehensive and up to date
- Manage ongoing liaison with other colleagues to ensure that customers are receiving best-in-class service
- Make effective use of the Salesforce system to capture client intelligence, activity and opportunities.
Skills & Experience
- Must be able to demonstrate experience and expertise in the delivery of commercial projects to budget and timescale, with knowledge of project management best practice and principles.
- Domain expertise within Engineering/Applied Research or a Consultancy background.
- A good understanding of change management and the management of risk.
- Previous experience working on several projects concurrently – working with multiple stakeholders.
- Formal Project Management credentials (APM / Prince2)
- Knowledge of formal contract frameworks such as NEC3 highly desirable.
- Domain knowledge within a related Engineering or Transport discipline – e.g surface transport infrastructure; ITS; CAV / self-driving vehicle technologies; V2V/V2X infrastructure communications; sustainable construction; air quality / emissions; the physical interaction between human beings and the transport environment.
Eligible candidates must be able to demonstrate fluency in both verbal and written English with strong interpersonal and stakeholder management skills.
At TRL we offer a competitive benefits package including:
- Support for professional memberships and study
- Contributory Pension.
- 25 days annual leave
- Life Assurance cover and Group Income Protection
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible benefits package