Team: TRL Software
Contract Type: Permanent
About The Role CIQUHP
New opportunity for an accomplished C# and .Net Developer to take a lead role in designing and developing TRL’s future generations of Traffic Management solutions. Already established within major cities across the globe, TRL software drives efficiencies and has been reducing journey times on our roads for many years, and is now being evolved and reimagined to meet the needs of future mobility and to become embedded in the fabric of connected and autonomous vehicles.
Leading part of an AGILE team, you will hold responsibility for developing the existing product portfolio and develop new cross-platform products to deliver value to customers and grow the TRL Software business. You will be skilled in a range of aspects of the full technical software product development lifecycle including: systems architecture, algorithmic design, software implementation and testing. You will have experience of developing under Windows and Linux using C# and .Net using SOLID principles, and will develop new programming and other relevant capabilities to support the enhancement and integration of our products and services. Due to the nature of the products - a background / understanding of embedded software would be highly advantageous.
You will work in an AGILE and cost- effective way, able to apply agreed working methods and practices, to deliver work within time/cost/quality parameters. You will be curious to learn and to improve continually the way TRL Software works to be the leader in its chosen markets.
Key Duties / Responsibilities
• Lead an agile software team delivering against the roadmap
• Assume responsibility for fostering best practice and automation to ensure software quality
• Become a subject matter expert and influence the software architecture
• Work with product owners and other stakeholders to coordinate releases
• Work across the product portfolio & support the development of product roadmaps
• Develop and improve the technical capability of the whole team
• Be forward thinking, identifying and deploying new technologies that will give our portfolio of products commercial edge
• Apply AGILE working practices that accelerate product development and deliver products in a way that achieves time/cost/quality goals
Skills & Experience
• Strong C# / .NET & Angular experience
• Experienced agile developer / advocate with SCRUM background
• Experience of Cloud development (Azure or AWS) and cloud first approach
• SOLID principles
• Test Automation / TDD experience
• Experience of Azure DevOps for ALM
• REST / JSON / RabbitMQ / ASP.NET / .NET Core a bonus
• Knowledge of C++ and a background in embedded software would be highly desirable.
• A comprehensive understanding of network infrastructure protocols is desirable.
Eligible candidates must be able to demonstrate fluency in both verbal and written English and be comfortable liaising with and presenting information to 3rd party customers.
At TRL we offer a competitive benefits package including:
•Support for professional memberships and study
•25 days annual leave
•Life Assurance cover and Group Income Protection
•Matched contribution pension scheme
•Car parking with EV charge points (Crowthorne Office)
•Flexible working hours
•Flexible benefits package