Based in Salford with current home working flexibility
Full time 08.30 – 17.00 (40 hrs per week)
At Valorum Care Group we have one goal – to make “a better way for better lives”
Valorum Care Group is a leading Nationwide care provider who is passionate about providing quality care to all the people we support. Our core services are supported living, residential care and nursing services for learning disability, mental health and physical disability.
We are currently looking to expand our finance team with this new role of Financial Accountant.
What is great about the company
We offer a supportive environment with a real focus on the wellbeing of our employees as well as offering numerous training and development opportunities. Some of our benefits include:
Currently working 2 days at home Wellbeing support
Enhanced pension Flexible working hours
Onsite parking Cycle to work scheme
Onsite restaurant Onsite gym
Confidential employee advice line Career progression
About the role
Reporting to the Financial Controller and taking responsibility for Treasury, preparation of Balance Sheets and associated reconciliations for all group companies. You will work within a shared services function to ensure all processes and dependencies are accurate and produced to the required timescales.
Responsibilities would include but not limited to:
- Prepare monthly balance sheets for all group companies including consolidation complete with key movement commentary and present to the Financial Controller and CFO.
- Prepare all monthly and quarterly balance sheet reconciliations for all group companies.
- Input daily banking transactions and prepare weekly bank reconciliations for all group company bank accounts.
- Assist the Financial Controller with the annual audit of all group companies.
- Maintaining and updating cashflow forecasts for all group companies.
- Administer all payments within the business, including BACS payment runs and liaising with payment requestors where necessary.
- Assist the Management Accountants at period end to ensure all balance sheet journals are classified and coded as appropriate.
- Updating and maintaining Fixed Asset Registers for all group companies.
- Liaise with the Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable Managers at month end to ensure all relevant balance sheet control accounts are appropriately reconciled.
- Provide ad-hoc reports and supporting schedules for the Financial Controller as and when required.
- Continuous improvements of the financial controls to streamline processes and reduce errors and inconsistencies.
- Any other ad hoc work deemed reasonable with the role.
Key Credentials Required:
- AAT Qualified and/or actively pursuing ACA/ACCA/CIMA Qualification.
- Ability to work accurately and independently, manage your own time and workload and deliver information to tight timetables.
- Strong communication and relationship building skills. You will be able to effectively challenge and always looking to improve processes.
- IT literate: Microsoft Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- As of November it will be mandatory for anyone who enters a care home to be double vaccinated – as such we are only able to accept individuals who have been double vaccinated for this role.
- Competence and experience in the use of SAGE 50 and Open Accounts accounting packages.
This role will be busy and will require flexibility around working hours. It may also require some travel within the UK.