We are currently recruiting for an Activities Coordinator to lead the activities provision at the respective Service, identifying, developing and delivering social and recreational activities, events and outings both inside and outside the service with customers to enhance their daily living.
At Valorum Care, we believe that everybody has the right to fulfil their potential and to grow and develop in accordance with their own beliefs, passions and interests. Valorum – which means “value” in Latin – ensure that everybody is valued for who they are as individuals.
Responsibilities for this role include:
- To identify and organise a comprehensive activities programme in conjunction with individual customers, liaising with other members of the multi-disciplinary team, as well as with people and organisations outside the service.
- To undertake financial expenditure for social and recreational activities and events up to agreed limit, ensuring the successful implementation of the programme within budget limits.
- To work in partnership with customers encouraging choice, participation, motivation, and risk taking in line with their person-centred plan.
To be responsible for the day-to-day management of other activities roles ensuring that they maintain a high standard of work in line with all relevant regulations, policies and procedures.
- To take advantage of, and incorporate, community resources when planning programmes.
- Participate in customer reviews.
- To develop contact with other agencies involved in leisure and recreation, (e.g.places of entertainment, voluntary organisations and community linked projects) and maintain records of facilities available.
- To have or be working towards an appropriate level 3 qualification in activities would be advantageous.
- Demonstrable experience of researching, planning & organising activities.
- To be able to work flexibly in accordance with the needs of the service.
- To have a full, clean driving licence if driving is required.
- To demonstrate a commitment to Valorum Care’s ethos and values.
- To have experience of working with customers who have disabilities.
- To have experience of providing direct personal and social care.
- To have experience of supervising other staff.
- To have experience of working within a budget.
- To have knowledge of customer self-advocacy and empowerment.
It will be evident to us that you have a clear passion for care and do genuinely care for the individuals within our services. We offer extensive training and we will support you through your journey with Valorum every step of the way.
If you think that you would be a perfect fit for this role, please apply now. We look forward to hearing from you soon!