Bank support worker
We are currently recruiting for a number of passionate Bank Care Assistants to join our existing team here at Freshfields to provide assistance with care, personal support, daily living tasks and activities. This is a fulfilling and rewarding role, and the opportunity to make a real difference to our customers lives.
At Valorum Care, we believe that everybody has the right to fulfil their potential and to grow and develop in accordance with their own beliefs, passions and interests. Valorum – which means “value” in Latin – ensures that everybody is valued for who they are as individuals.
Responsibilities for this role include:
- To support customers with their physical care, personal hygiene needs and daily life tasks & skills as required by their person-centred plan (PCP), ensuring that their independence is preserved and developed as far as possible and affording appropriate levels of privacy and dignity.
- To support & facilitate customer communication with their relatives, friends, professionals and other members of staff, in order to ensure the continuity of quality and safety in the provision of support.
- To work within a person-centred approach so as to encourage customers to maintain maximum independence, taking into account their physical and emotional condition, as well as their current skills, personal choices & aspirations.
- To encourage & support customer participation in the running of the service provision.
- To be open to customer preferences as to how tasks are carried out.
- To report & record any incidents or events that may have an impact on the customer’s PCP, liaising with the immediate supervisor (and/or any other relevant staff) as appropriate.
- To ensure that record-keeping is maintained and updated in an accurate, timely and confidential manner.
- A level of professional development & registration as indicated by purchaser, regulator or Valorum Care (this may include level 2 in Health and Social Care Adults/Children or Young people, or Learning Disability or other similar qualification), dependant on location.
- Where driving is required, a full driving licence.
- To be able to work flexibly within rostered hours and be prepared to participate in an on-call rota if required by the respective service.
- Prior experience of providing personal care would be advantageous.
- If working at a Support-at-Home (SAH) service, to be able to travel to cover work allocated on the rota and to use the service’s on-call system in accordance with the service guidance.
It will be evident to us that you have a clear passion for care and do genuinely care for the individuals within our services. We offer a competitive salary; extensive training and we will support you through your journey with Valorum every step of the way.
Please note, You will have to evidence that you have received at least your first COVID-19 vaccination and that you have your second vaccination booked before you can commence your employment with Valorum Care Group.