Service: Head Office
Rate Of Pay: £25,000 - £30,000 DOE + £5k car allowance
Closing Date: 11 March 2022
Full time 09.00 – 17.30 (37.5 hrs per week)
£25,000 - £30,000 DOE + £5k car allowance.
This role will require significant travel within the UK and we expect you to be on the road 3-4 days a week visiting schemes to carry out audits and may need to stay overnight in paid for hotel accommodation.
At Valorum Care Group we have one goal – to make “a better way for better lives”
Valorum Care Group is a leading Nationwide care provider who is passionate about providing quality care to all the people we support. Our core services are supported living, residential care and nursing services for learning disability, mental health and physical disability.
What is great about the company?
We offer a supportive environment with a real focus on the wellbeing of our employees as well as offering numerous training and development opportunities. Some of our benefits include:
Flexible working hours.
Cycle to work scheme.
Free On-site parking.
Confidential employee advice line.
Free Onsite Gym.
Onsite discounted restaurant & bar.
Employee of the month award.
About the role
Reporting to the Management Accountants you will carry out financial audits within the services. Overnight accommodation is fully paid for when deemed necessary.
Responsibilities would include but not limited to:
· Develop a risk-based audit plan ensuring each service is audited at least once a year.
· Review and improve the systems relating to safeguarding service user finances, Valorum finances and security of cash held at the services.
· To ensure that the scope of the audit and its findings are well documented in audit reports so that the areas tested, the findings, the control weaknesses, the risks and the recommended actions are clearly identified.
· Attend any further meetings with outside agencies as required (eg Safeguarding).
· Review costings for service user holidays and arrange invoicing accordingly on approval.
· Other areas of financial work depending on the needs of the business.
Key Credentials Required:
This role will require flexibility around working hours and will involve travel within the UK. Please visit https://valorumcaregroup.com/ to see the site locations at the bottom of the website homepage