We are currently recruiting for a Maintenance Assistant to be responsible for ensuring the efficient maintenance and safety of the service and its surrounding areas.
Responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to:
- Carry out general maintenance on the buildings, equipment and surrounding grounds to the required standard.
- Plan a proactive maintenance schedule for agreement by the Service manager, incorporating any risk assessment requirements.
- Manage time effectively, to maintain the provision of service to customers and meet the required standards of health and safety, prioritising workload accordingly.
- Be responsible for ensuring ongoing safety checks take place of all electrical equipment in the building as required for annual certification (PAT testing).
- Carry out any scheduled fire alarm test(s) in conjunction with the line manager, maintaining records of these.
- Be responsible for general repairs required to customer’s accommodation and personal possessions as requested.
- Carry out decoration of the premises.
- Report & coordinate any repairs or maintenance work to be done by outside contractors.
- Follow guidelines for COSHH when dealing with hazardous substances.
- To have previous, relevant experience in an appropriate skill (e.g. plumbing or carpentry), or in a similar role.
- A level 3 or 4 qualification in an appropriate skill would be advantageous.
- To have a driving licence if required by the respective service.
- To be willing to work flexibly in accordance with the needs of the service.
- To demonstrate a commitment to Valorum Care’s ethos and values.
We offer a competitive salary; extensive training and we will support you through your journey with Valorum every step of the way. If you think that you would be a perfect fit for this role, please apply now. We look forward to hearing from you soon!