Accounts Receivable and Billing specialist
Based in Salford Quays
Full time 08.30 – 17.00 (40 hrs per week).
Salary £20,000-£22,500 DOE
Here at Valorum Care Group we are excited to recruit into a new role within our finance department. As our new Billing Administrator, you will need a working knowledge of how Local Authorities and CCG’s bill within the healthcare sector.
Responsibilities would include but not limited to:
- Assist Accounts Receivable manager on the migration to a new invoicing system.
- Responsible for the overall billing cycle of specific brands under the company umbrella, ensuring accurate and timely invoices are raised.
- On a weekly basis reviewing the Occupancy KPI reports and ensuring all movements, new admissions and leavers are captured and updated on the Accounts system
- Keeping on top of access to Portals to ensure we are billing the most up to date information
- Setting up and amending resident accounts and funding details in the billing system from information provided by the care homes.
- Identifying and implementing improvements to increase efficiency, effectiveness and quality of service.
- Chasing up missing funding information with the homes within a set timeframe.
- Production of fee and expenses invoices from the billing systems.
- Assisting the Management Accountants with Month end close to tight deadlines
- Manage and execute complex bills efficiently
Key Competencies & Behavioural:
- Good systems understanding to help automate the billing function and account reconciliation process.
- Billing carried out to a high standard resulting in minimal queries
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build relationships internally and externally
- Demonstratable attention to detail and accuracy
- Able to maintain confidentiality
- A flexible team player with the ability to work proactively
- A self-starter with a positive “can do” attitude and a down to earth approachable manner
- Ability to work accurately in a busy, demanding environment, whist adhering to deadlines
- You have excellent communication skills and have the ability to deal with people at all levels
Knowledge Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience of Billing within the healthcare sector – to include Local Authorities
- Competence and experience in the use of SAGE 50 and Open Accounts accounting packages and Microsoft Office packages.
Visual basics/SQL coding experience to assist with automation of functions.