- Vue is committed to protecting your privacy when you use our on-line services. In this policy we explain how and why we collect your information, what we do with it and what controls you have over our use of it
- This policy is in-line with the General Data Protection Regulation or ‘GDPR’
WHO IS THE DATA CONTROLLER?
Vue Entertainment Limited, Vue International Holdco Limited, Vue International Bidco plc, Vue Services Limited and Ster Century (UK) Limited (affiliated entities of each other and group companies, collectively ‘the Companies’) are joint data controllers and collect and use certain personal information about you. The Companies may also use data collected by each other. Therefore in this policy, “we” or “us” means the Companies both collectively and individually. If you have any queries about data protection, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Data Protection, Vue Entertainment Limited, 10 Chiswick Park, 566 Chiswick High Road, London W4 5XS
SO WHAT KIND OF PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU?
We collect data about you to enable the Recruitment process to run smoothly.
Depending on the type of personal data in question and the grounds on which we may be processing it, should you decline to provide us with such data, we may not be able to continue with the Recruitment process.
Please note that the Personal Data in italics is only collected in limited circumstances where this data is applicable/ appropriate and will not be collected as part of standard online application process without your consent.
|Categories of Personal Data||Examples
(Examples in Italics only collected in limited
|Your personal details||Name, gender, immigration status (whether you need a work permit),
nationality, financial information (when
we need to carry out financial background checks), diversity information
including: racial or ethnic origin or religious or other beliefs, health and disability-related information;
|Your personal contact details||Address,email address and telephone number|
|Identification data||A copy of your Passport/Identity Card/Birth Certificate or any other
proof of Right to Work in the UK and Ireland. Information we obtain from background verification checks, including
information relating to criminal convictions and offences.
|Your education and employment history||CV, education details, exam results, employment history, details about
your current or former role(s) including remuneration, pension and benefits
|Automatically collected Personal Data||CCTV footage (in locations where applicable), communications that you
send to Vue which pass through Vue Systems (including emails and social media
messages, your IP address and cookies).
|Other||Extra information that you
or third parties such as your referees choose to provide to us (including
Sensitive Personal Data) or any extra information required by local legislation.
HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
1) Personal Data you give to us:
There are numerous ways that you can share your information with us. These may include:
- When you make a job application to Vue via Vue careers
- When you make a job application to Vue via email
- When you make a job application to Vue via job boards
- When you make a job application to Vue via networking websites (such as LinkedIn, Indeed or Total Jobs)
- When you make a job application to Vue by submitting a CV or application, whether in hard copy or by electronic means
- When you register to receive more information from us at a job fair or other Vue careers event
- Information you provide to Vue's Staff in communications during the Recruitment process
2) Personal Data we receive from other sources:
We also receive Personal Data about you from other sources, such as:
- LinkedIn and other job sites or from third parties such as recruitment agencies, consultants, and members of Vue Staff who refer you to us
- Our internal recruitment team who receive your information
- Third party service providers who undertake background checks about you on our behalf;
- Your referees
- Twitter or similar sites on which you 'follow' or 'like' us
3) Personal Data we collect automatically: We may collect your Personal Data automatically such as:
- Communications that you send to Vue which pass through Vue's Systems, including emails and social media messages
- When you visit our websites, your IP address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the websites and the way you browse their content. We will also collect data from you when you contact us via our websites; and
- Via cookies when you visit our websites, in line with cookie settings in your browser. We may use data from your use of our websites to enhance other aspects of our communications with you.
SO, WHAT ARE COOKIES AND WHY DO WE USE THEM? Cookies are files that are recorded in temporary Internet folders on your PC. They're a useful tool as, by recording the way you use our site, they enable us to get to know you better. For example, we’re able to recognise you when you return to the site, identify your preferences so as to provide you with a more personalised service and speed up searches that you conduct when visiting.
FURTHER DETAIL ON COOKIES Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognises that cookie. Cookies do lots of different jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently remembering your preferences, and generally improve your web site experience. They can also help to ensure that adverts you see online are more relevant to you and your interests.
We can split cookies into 4 main categories: Category 1: strictly necessary cookies
Category 2: performance cookies
Category 3: functionality cookies
Category 4: targeting cookies or advertising cookies
Category 1 - Strictly necessary cookies These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies services you have asked for, like register for job alerts, cannot be provided.
Please be aware our site uses this type of cookie.
Category 2 - Performance cookies These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how a website works.
By using our website and online services, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.
Category 3 - Functionality cookies These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your user name and password) and provide enhanced, more personal features. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customise. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect may be anonymous and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
By using our website and online services, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.
Category 4 - targeting cookies or advertising cookies These cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers. Quite often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organisations.
|Purpose of the processing||Legal basis for the processing|
Ensuring the smooth running of the Recruitment process and enabling us to make
a decision about your suitability for the role
Enabling our recruitment team to contact you about the role
Collecting your data from you and other sources
Storing and transferring your details (and updating them when necessary)
on our applicant tracking systems, and keeping a record of when you attend an
interview or other assessment
Assessing your qualifications for a particular role, including decisions about
Enabling our hiring managers to decide whether to make you a job offer
Internal recruiters passing your details on to our hiring managers, to discuss your
suitability for a role at Vue
Informing you of the result of your job application
Verifying information we have received, using third party resources (such as psychometric
evaluations or skills tests) or through information requests (such as
references, background verification checks, qualifications and criminal
convictions checks, to the extent that this is appropriate)
Informing you of the result of your application
Determining the terms on which you will work for us
Making arrangements in order to offer you a job, if you are successful in being
appointed to a role
Complying with our legal obligations in connection with the detection of
crime or the collection of taxes and duties
Keeping a record of when you attend an interview or other assessment
Transferring your Personal Data onto our internal HR systems if you are offered a role
|Processing is necessary to pursue our legitimate interest in hiring appropriate staff,
where this interest does not override your interests or fundamental rights or
Processing is necessary for the performance of our intended contract with you (where
Processing relates to Sensitive Personal Data which is manifestly made public by you (e.g.
on your publicly accessible social media profile)
Processing is necessary to comply with our legal obligations (e.g. where permitted under
local law we may be required to keep a record of your application in order to
comply with local immigration laws)
Processing Sensitive Personal Data is necessary for the purposes of carrying out our
obligations in the field of employment law
Processing is based on your consent (e.g. when we wish to carry out background
verification and criminal records checks that are not required by law)
|Retaining your Personal Data for future roles:
If you are unsuccessful in your application for a role with Vue, we may
retain your application in the event that a suitable role at Vue becomes available
that we think you may be interested in applying for
|Processing is necessary to pursue our legitimate interest in hiring
appropriate staff, where this interest does not
override your interests or fundamental rights or freedoms
Processing is based on your consent
|To undertake equal opportunities monitoring:
Monitoring Vue's compliance with equal opportunities requirements
|Processing Sensitive Personal Data for the
purpose of ensuring our compliance with our equal opportunities obligations
Processing Sensitive Personal Data where it is in the substantial public
interest and in accordance with the law and requirements
|Keeping Vue secure (where and subject to the extent permitted by local law):
Intercepting and monitoring electronic communications that you send to Vue which pass
through Vue Systems, including emails and social media messages, to ensure
network and information security
Running CCTV at our premises to ensure the safety and security of you,
our Staff and property
|Processing is necessary to pursue our legitimate interest in protecting our Staff and property,
where this interest does not override your interests or fundamental rights or freedoms
|Making appropriate adjustments for you:
If you suffer from any health conditions or disabilities, we may record
details of them so that we can make reasonable adjustments for interviews and
other Recruitment procedures if required
Processing is necessary to comply with our
Processing Sensitive Personal Data is necessary
for the purposes of carrying out our obligations in the field of employment law
Processing Sensitive Personal Data is necessary to assess your working
|To establish, exercise and defend legal claims:
In certain circumstances, we may use your Personal Data to help us to
establish, exercise or defend legal claims
|Processing is necessary to pursue our legitimate interest in
establishing, exercising or defending a legal claim, where this interest does
not override your interests or fundamental rights or freedoms;
Processing your Sensitive Personal Data is necessary to help us to
establish, exercise or defend legal claims
WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH?
Vue will not sell or hire your Personal Data to third parties.
We may share your Personal Data with the following recipients:
- Third party service providers who perform functions on our behalf (including candidate pre-screening telephone assessments, external consultants, business associates and professional advisers such as lawyers, auditors, accountants, technical support functions, IT consultants carrying out testing and development work on our business technology systems and psychometric testing providers)
- Any of our group companies (this may include those in our overseas offices), for example, for internal administrative, regulatory compliance and other legitimate business purposes
- Your family and personal representatives, for example, if you are involved in an accident whilst at an interview with Vue
- Individuals and organisations who hold information related to your reference or application to work with us, such as current or past employers, educators and examining bodies, immigration agencies, employment and recruitment agencies and criminal convictions checks providers
- Third parties, in order to comply with our legal obligations, for example in relation to immigration requirements
- Third parties who hold information related to your financial record such as financial organisations, credit reference agencies and debt collection and tracing agencies
- Where appropriate, medical professionals such as your GP or an occupational health specialist
- Third party outsourced IT, cloud storage provider and document storage providers where we have appropriate protections in place
- Third parties involved in, or assisting with, litigation (including legal advisers, witnesses, experts and judicial and quasi-judicial authorities)
- Third parties who we have retained to provide services such as reference, qualification and criminal convictions checks, to the extent that these checks are appropriate and in accordance with local laws
- If Vue merges with or is acquired by another business or company in the future, (or is in meaningful discussions about such a possibility) we may share your personal data with the (prospective) new owners of the business or company
HOW DO WE USE AUTOMATED DECISION MAKING?
Automated decision-making takes place when an electronic system uses personal information to make a decision without human intervention. We are allowed to use automated decision-making in the following circumstances:
- Where the decision is authorised or required by law;
- Where it is necessary to consider whether to enter into, with a view to entering into, or to perform a contract with you and appropriate measures are in place to safeguard your rights; or
- In limited circumstances, with your explicit written consent and where appropriate measures are in place to safeguard your rights
The Vue Resourcing Team and authorised third party service providers carry out selection of candidates for roles based on Personal Data and by considering specific attributes necessary for the entry into or performance of a contract. These include:
- Previous experience (if relevant)
- Commute method and distance from the location you have applied for
- Due to cinema opening hours for some positions we require employees to work after 10PM.
- In order to meet the Working Time Regulations applicants to these roles must be over 18
- Right to work in the UK
Part of this selection process is automated. The Vue Resourcing Team carries out regular reviews of decisions made in this way to ensure there is no bias.
You have the right to object to automated decision making, and also have the right to challenge and request a review of any automated decision that is made about you.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights please contact us on email@example.com
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
- Vue places a great importance on the security of all information associated with our customers. To protect the security of your Personal Data, we implement appropriate technical and have organisational security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of customer data under our control (these include physical and technical security safeguards and a governance model that ensures that adequate policies, procedures and controls are in place within our organisation)
- If you suspect any misuse or loss of or unauthorised access to your Personal Data, please let us know immediately by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW LONG DO WE HOLD YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR?
- As standard, your Personal Data will be held in our system for 365 days from the point when you first activate your Vue careers account. After 365 days you will receive an email asking whether you wish to reactivate your account, which will determine whether your information is kept for a further year. If you do not give specific consent we will delete your Personal Data from our Systems
- Any paper files such as interview notes will be destroyed after 12 months
- You can delete your own Vue Careers portal account under the ‘Account’ tab once you have logged in. This will remove your access to the system and withdraw any active applications. It is important to note that this will not completely delete your Personal Data from our system. To do this please submit a ‘Right to Object’ form by clicking on the link given in the ‘How to contact us?’ section below.
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS IN RELATION TO THE PERSONAL DATA WE HOLD ABOUT YOU?
- The GDPR gives you the following rights in relation to your Personal Data:
- Right to object to the processing of your Personal Data
- Right to withdraw consent
- Right to submit a data subject access request (DSAR)
- Right to erasure of your Personal Data
- Right to restrict processing of your Personal Data
- Right to rectification of your Personal Data
- Right of data portability
- Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority in the EU Member State of your habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement if you consider that the processing of your Personal Data infringes the GDPR
HOW TO CONTACT US?
If you would like to obtain more information about or exercise any of these rights you can also contact us via email email@example.com
To submit a specific ‘Subject Access Request’ please complete and submit the following form: Click Here
To submit a ‘Right to Object’ request please complete and submit the following form: Click Here
We will seek to deal with your request without undue delay, and in any event within one month (subject to any extensions to which we are lawfully entitled). Please note that we may keep a record of your communications to help us resolve any issues which you raise.