HR Business Partner (Operations) - Maternity Cover
THE TRAILER – A BIT ABOUT US
Vue is part of Vue International, one of the world’s leading cinema operators. From the brands creation in 2003 we have grown rapidly and now have a presence across 10 countries, winning numerous awards for both our service and innovation along the way.
This role focuses solely on the UK and Ireland business. With 843 screens across 87 cinemas nationwide, the UK&I remains the biggest territory serving over 30 million customers every year and employing nearly 4000 people.
Our Head Office, based in Chiswick Park, West London offers a vibrant, fast paced environment where our employees work tirelessly to look for new ways of working and innovations that ensure we remain widely recognised as a leader in out-of-home entertainment and the ‘big screen’ experience.
ACT 1 – THE ROLE
We have an exciting opportunity for a HR Business Partner (Operations) to join our UK and Ireland HR department. Reporting into the UK&I HR Director the HRBP will working in partnership with the Operations Director and Area Managers to create a high performing culture in our Cinemas with the right people in the right place at the right time.
Main Responsibilities include:
- Act as a Business partner and single point of the contact for Operations Director and Area Managers
- Using talent management tools developed by the Chiswick Park Talent team, create visibility of the capability within the Operations leadership teams (e.g. hi potentials, under performers etc) addressing business needs
- Drive effective succession plans at Area Manager and General Manager level
- Ensure that Cinema and Area Managers have the required capability to consistently perform to the required standards, delivering their goals, objectives and targets
- Drive high training standards across all cinemas, highlighting the need for new workshops and modules to the Learning & Development Manager and where required, support the design and delivery of them
- Identify annual training needs for cinema managers and ensure the annual training calendar is created and implemented
- Support the recruitment process for General Manager vacancies
- Using area focussed HR dashboards, metrics and KPIs, proactively identify trends and create people plans to ensure continuous improvement
- Propose innovative reward and recognition programmes that engage and align the workforce.
- Support the effective implementation of company incentive plans
- Implement all initiatives being driven by the central HR team (e.g. annual pay review, internal communications and cascade of new initiatives)
- Ensure all HR policies, processes and procedures are implemented to the required standards across all cinemas
- Be the HR project lead in business improvement and change initiatives
ACT 2 – WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL NEED
- Significant experience in a senior HR generalist Business Partner role with responsibility for multiple operational business areas within a multisite hospitality, retail or leisure business
- Generalist HR knowledge and experience in all key HR disciplines (e.g Employee Relations, Performance Management, Training, Management development, succession planning, Recruitment, Reward, recognition, policy and procedures)
- Proven ability to consistently deliver within a fast moving and highly pressurised environment
- Proven experience of creating a high performance culture with engaged and motivated people
- A clear understanding of how HR can deliver business value, with outstanding track record of achieving tangible commercial results
- Proven experience in successfully managing and implementing change.
- Previously created and implemented people plans that have successfully improved employee engagement and performance
- Has used people metrics to deliver measurable business improvement.
- Good sense of humour
THE FINALE – WHY YOU’LL WANT IT
- A competitive salary + car allowance
- Annual company Bonus Scheme
- 25 Days’ Holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Employer Contributory Pension Plan, Private Healthcare, Life Assurance, Child Care Vouchers
- Unlimited free cinema tickets for yourself and up to 4 guests plus 40% off concessions
THE CREDITS – ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
As this role supports our 87 sites across the UK & Ireland some travel within the region will be required.