FP&A Business Partner
THE TRAILER – A BIT ABOUT US
Vue is part of Vue International, one of the world’s leading cinema operators. From the brands creation in 2003 we have grown rapidly and now have a presence across 10 countries, winning numerous awards for both our service and innovation along the way.
With 854 screens across 89 cinemas nationwide, the UK&I remains the biggest territory serving over 30 million customers every year and employing nearly 4000 people.
Our UK Head Office, based in Chiswick Park, West London offers a vibrant, fast paced environment where our employees work tirelessly to look for new ways of working and innovations that ensure we remain widely recognised as a leader in out-of-home entertainment and the ‘big screen’ experience.
ACT ONE – THE ROLE
We have an exciting opportunity for a FP&A Business Partner to join our UK&I Finance department.
The role will support the UK business in achieving key strategic ambitions through insightful, value adding analysis and commercial challenge. As well as ensuring rigor in performance management on a monthly basis, the FP&A Business Partner will undertake project/ad-hoc work ensuring accurate scenario modelling and robust commercial thinking aligning to strategic goals.
Main Responsibilities include:
- Analyse performance against the Long Range Plan, Budget, Forecasts and prior year evaluating risks and opportunities and recommending appropriate actions
- Driven by a detailed knowledge and understanding of the business plan, interpret management information to create high level summaries of the key business issues and opportunities that will inform decision making
- Work closely with relevant stakeholders to ensure monthly functional reviews draw out financial and KPI performance ensuring clarity and a focus on required management action
- Deliver commercial analysis to support tactical & strategic decision making including projects that support capital appraisal for EBITDA enhancing initiatives and other key strategic decisions
- Continuously develop reporting processes to track the financial performance of key strategic business priorities, ultimately feeding into an integrated, automated (where possible) and robust reporting process
- Support delivery of business presentations, territory/management information packs, briefings to facilitate informed discussions with key stakeholders relating to business performance
- Create effective and credible business partnerships with key stakeholders to proactively identify and help drive actions that maximise profitability
- Continuously review and challenge cost base in each area, supporting management in the delivery of targeted savings but also proactively identifying further opportunities to save and benefit the bottom line or re-invest in EBITDA enhancing opportunities
- Support continuous improvement across UK&I planning controls, processes and reporting
- Ensure consistency of management reporting and information
- Provide monthly variance analysis and appropriate commentary that adds to business insight and decision making
- Assist in the development and implementation of commercial analysis to support tactical & strategic decision making, which evaluates risk and opportunities and drives recommendations
- Provide ad-hoc reports and analyses which focus on emerging trends or provide deep dive analysis to aid business insight and identify opportunities for performance improvement
- Assist in preparation of budgets with stakeholders to best in class standards and timelines
- Ensure revenue and cost drivers are clearly set out as part of the review and sign-off process
ACT 2 - WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL NEED
- Fully qualified accountant CIMA qualified (although ACA/ACCA candidates will be considered if they have sufficient commercial finance experience)
- Experience in a Commercial Finance/FP&A business partnering role
- From a Retail, Leisure, Hospitality sector where they are used to pace and commerciality
- Post-qualified multi-site budgeting and forecasting experience, with demonstrable accountability for delivery of key aspects of a budget/forecast
- Commercially astute and able to demonstrate business case development/project delivery in a fast-paced environment
THE FINALE – WHY YOU’LL WANT IT
- A competitive salary + car allowance
- Annual company Bonus Scheme
- 25 Days’ Holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Employer Contributory Pension Plan, Private Healthcare, Life Assurance, Child Care Vouchers
- Unlimited free cinema tickets for yourself and up to 4 guests plus 40% off concessions