Legal Secretary (Funds)
To support various lawyers in the team and provide a full secretarial service including typing and amending documents, diary management, liaising with clients and various other administrative tasks in support of the operation of the Hong Kong office.
- Preparing and amending house style and non house-style Walkers legal documents.
- Audio and copy typing of emails, letters, faxes and correspondence as requested.
- Creating and updating PowerPoint presentation.
- Managing inboxes.
- Managing the outlook calendars and diaries.
- Organising internal and external meetings, conference calls and video links, as required.
- Arranging business travel.
- Liaising with clients in a professional manner on the telephone and via written correspondence.
- Communicating at all levels within the firm in a clear and concise manner, whilst maintaining confidentially at all times.
- Managing FileSite.
- Undertaking electronic and manual filing.
- Updating InterAction with relevant business contacts.
- Using Prebill Viewer to prepare prebills and billing-related matters.
- Liaising with the Finance Department in relation to the completion of bills and related billing matters.
- Managing, monitoring and reclaiming expenses.
- Performing other ad hoc secretarial tasks as required and requested.
- Working as part of the Secretarial team, providing secretarial cover for absentees as and when requested, and proactively offering assistance to others.
- Using AdEx to perform Matter Management / update Matter Details.
- Using Expert Assistant to perform various tasks, eg File Opening, Cayman Court Searches, BVI Court Searches, BVI Company Searches, conducting Conflicts Searches, entering Pipelines, Closing Matters, etc.
- Using Cube to assist fee earners to manage their WIP and A/R.
2. ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Prior experience in an international law firm. Offshore law firm experience is most preferable.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Proficient in Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
- Accurate and proficient audio typing skills (both English and Chinese)
- Excellent time management and communication skills.
- Effective team player.
- Fluent in English and Cantonese, mandarin desirable.