Lead Network Engineer - Contract Role
Walkers invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the following position:
Lead Network Engineer (1 year contract role)
The Lead Network Engineer role is responsible for the development, management and ongoing maintenance of Network systems and appliances across the enterprise. This includes planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all local and wide area network connections, associated software, and communication links. The Lead Network Engineer will also troubleshoot network performance issues, as well as analyse and monitor network traffic.
- Technical Lead and coach for the network team
- Plan and implement any improvement, modification, or replacement of network infrastructure components, ensuring adherence to industry standards
- Establish connectivity and uptime service level agreements
- Ensure network and IP connectivity between workstations, application servers, back-end office and cloud infrastructure
- Influence the broader strategy for the department by cross-functional collaboration with the Strategy and Architecture Team
- Work closely with the Lead Infrastructure Engineer to deliver global system stability and availability
- Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network procurement and development efforts.
- Install and configure all network hardware and equipment, including routers, switches, firewalls, wan optimizers and load balancers
- Develop and maintain technical documentation and procedures
- Monitor and analyse network performance across the organization’s LAN, WAN, and wireless deployments. Identify and remedy network performance bottlenecks and recommend enhancements to meet new or changing network demands
- Assist with the preparation of the annual IT budget
Education, Experience and Skills
- University Degree in Computer Science or other relevant discipline
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in a network role with 5 years' in a senior role
- Proven track record of mentoring junior employees
- Relevant professional certifications that validate the fundamental skills required to manage the above technologies including; Palo Alto PCNSE, HP Aruba ACSA or ASA, Cisco CCNP or CCIE certification
- Extensive experience of network systems, protocols, and standards such as Ethernet, OSPF, LACP, Trunking, VLANs, TCP/IP
- Extensive experience of software-defined and cloud based networking
- Experience working in a switched and routed environment
- Experience troubleshooting complex network services
- Experience of current network hardware, including HP, Riverbed, Cisco, Brocade, and Aruba technologies
- Strong knowledge of network management and analysis tools including Solarwinds' Network Configuration Manager, and Network Performance Monitor
- Knowledge of IDS/IPS/AV and other network security measures
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws
- Knowledge of industry standards and roadmaps applicable to the offshore industry
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
Walkers offers a dynamic working environment with opportunities for career progression and an excellent remuneration package, including a discretionary performance based bonus, pension and fully covered health insurance for employees and 5 weeks' vacation. Remuneration will commensurate with qualifications and experience and will be in the range of US$100,000.00 to US$130,000.00.
Qualified candidates must submit a cover letter and resume. Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.