Paralegal (Banking & Finance Team)
Walkers is a leading international law firm. We provide legal services to global corporations, financial institutions, capital markets participants, investment fund managers and UHNWIs. Our clients are among the most innovative firms and institutions across the financial markets, and rely on us for our ability to provide solutions to their most important legal and business issues. We develop globally-minded, entrepreneurial people who are experts in their field and committed to client service..
Walkers is consistently involved in all types of international and cross-border transactions and this role will involve supporting more senior lawyers, partners and clients by providing advice and assistance based on a good knowledge of the legal, regulatory and commercial environment in Jersey.
We are looking for a Paralegal to join our Banking & Finance team in Jersey.
SCOPE AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist and support our Banking and Finance team with all aspects of its work. This will include the following.
- Assist the Banking & Finance team to provide clear, concise and technically sound practical advice, on general banking and finance and other related matters, with a particular focus on listings matters, predominantly on The International Stock Exchange.
- Support the team by carrying out research, drafting documentation, document management, transaction management and all aspects of case management, as may be required to assist more senior lawyers, partners and clients.
- Assist in managing the listing application process from on-take of clients through to listing and thereafter, including liaison with clients and their advisers; drafting and submitting listing application documents; liaison with TISE; monitoring compliance with continuing obligation requirements affecting issuers; dealing with further listings and structural changes to existing listings; and the ongoing administration of listing matters.
- Assist as required in monitoring and managing a large and growing portfolio of listings clients, including attending to financials and invoicing.
- Participate in the development of the practice’s know-how, share knowledge, and occasionally participate in conferences, seminars and internal training.
- Assist in developing and expanding existing client relationships.
- Adhere to the Firm's values and professional ethics
Key Skills and Qualifications
- Ideally some Jersey legal experience.
- Prior experience in listings work is not essential
- Excellent academics.
- Ambitious and commercially driven.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work successfully in a collaborative environment, a team player.
- Willingness to participate in Business Development and develop new initiatives.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to use precedents and timekeeping and billing systems.