Business Development Executive
A competent and enthusiastic individual is required to provide business development and marketing support to the Walkers European regional offices. Must be enthusiastic and a self -starter. Good administrative, interpersonal and organisation skills are required. The role encompasses all aspects of the business development and marketing mix.
The role will report to the Heads of Business Development in London.
To provide coordinated business development and marketing support to the Walkers European regional offices based out of the London office; the other European region offices are Dublin, Jersey and Guernsey.
- Understanding the business activities of the practices/business and overall strategic objectives of the relevant products/partners/professionals & offices on a regional as well as global basis
- Supporting the delivery of competent research and analysis around the practice's key clients, targets, competitors and markets on a regular and ad hoc basis where appropriate
- Work with the Head of Business Development to prepare and manage the marketing budgets for the relevant offices.
- Support the delivery of the marketing communications program for the region including assisting with PR/Media relations
- Ability to assist with the project management of client events throughout the European region
- To work with the Design team on the production of marketing materials and literature for the European offices
- To work with other members of the global BD team on client pitches as appropriate
- Partners and senior associates from the European offices
- Business development heads – London, Channel Islands and Dublin
- Senior global business development team (Cayman Islands, Middle East and Asia)
- Business analysis and planning:
- Assisting in financial analysis in relation to clients & markets
- Assisting with research and analysis on relevant internal/external data, for clients and competitors, and on specific markets or industry trends
- Assisting with the production of client relationship documents and collation of the necessary analysis involved.
- Client Development:
- Support in the management of the Group's CRM system:
- Ensuring that information is captured, coordinated and inputted onto the Walkers' client relationship management database; and
- Assisting with the targeting of key clients in order to build deeper relationships and for inbound work and cross-selling.
- New Business Development:
- Assisting in identifying opportunities for new profitable revenue streams; and
- Providing administrative support to major pitches/beauty parades and marketing visits
- Providing research and administrative support to international and national business development trips.
- Marketing, communications, PR and brand support:
- Competent and effective interface with the basic elements of the Firm's CRM database for client mailings, invitations and general outbound communication
- Assisting with the on-going maintenance and development of the practice's/businesses marketing materials – ensuring 'on-brand' and in line with group guidelines; experience with InDesign (or a similar graphic design programme) is a bonus but not a prerequisite
- Support the directory and awards submission process for the European practices
- Assisting with the organisation of client seminars/other initiatives, press releases, client entertainment, formulation and distribution of publications and other marketing communications activities
- Assist with event management duties such as initial planning, client guest lists, reception, registration, meeting and greeting at various client events where necessary; and
- Maintain deal lists, lawyer/professional CVs, website bios and other administrative tasks.
Candidate should have over 2 years of business development or consultancy experience, ideally gained in a professional services. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Candidate should be educated to degree level (preferably in marketing/business, economics or law although this is not essential).
- A confident, mature professional with a robust personality.
- A team player capable of building good working relationships.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver on tight deadlines.
- An advanced Word user, proficient in Excel and PowerPoint presentations.
- Knowledge of CRM systems (particularly Interaction) and basic financial analysis an advantage.
- Working knowledge of a graphic design package e.g. InDesign, a bonus but not a prerequisite.
Ability and willingness to occasionally work outside normal working hours/days when requested.