Paralegal will not give legal advice to clients. However, the Paralegal will be authorised to provide advice regarding various procedural steps. Paralegal will be expected to assist his/her designated lawyers in providing all forms of legal services for clients of the Firm.
Researches law, investigates facts, time recording, prepares invoices, and prepares documents to assist Lawyer by performing the following duties.
The role will report directly to the assigned Supervising Partner.
- Research and analyse law sources such as statutes, recorded judicial decisions, legal articles, treaties, constitutions, legal codes and laws
- Prepares legal documents such as briefs, pleadings, affidavits, appeals, contracts, initial and amended articles of incorporation, closing papers and binders, deeds, and trust instruments for review, approval, and use by Lawyer.
- Investigates facts and laws to determine causes of action and to prepare case accordingly
- Paralegal will liaise with the law librarian, keeping and monitoring legal volumes and ensuring legal volumes are up-to-date
- To review first drafts of legal documents and alert Lawyer to pertinent issues arising
- To make all necessary filings with all internal and external bodies
- To maintain accurate records and correspondence files in relation to the Lawyer's client files
- To liaise with clients as appropriate and in accordance with Lawyer's instructions
- To participate in special projects as and when required in relation to the Firm's and the Lawyer's practice areas
- To carry out any other duties commensurate with the purpose of the job, including the performance of duties outside normal working hours
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE '
- Qualified paralegal with experience within a legal environment.
- Offshore experience a plus
- Windows - Microsoft Word -Microsoft Excel - Outlook
- Work independently and as a team member
- Manage a complex and demanding workload and prioritise tasks and projects to meet work standards and personal performance targets
- Communicate clearly and effectively legal matters both verbally and in writing, with people at all levels of understanding. This will include high quality correspondence
- Participate in continuously improving services through critically evaluating systems of work, promoting new ideas and actively developing service improvements
- Work in a flexible manner and respond to changing circumstances and emergency situations
- Chinese language skills a must