Professional Support Lawyer (Funds)
The professional support lawyer will work with the investment funds partners in the Ireland office to help ensure that the firm’s knowledge and development objectives in Ireland are achieved.
The person will have responsibility for implementing a broad ranging PSL programme which will include the tracking of regulatory developments which are relevant to the investment funds team, developing precedents and practice notes as well as assisting in the production of client advisories.
The role will report to the Head of Funds.
Precedents and Know-How
- Assisting with the maintenance and development of the Firm’s precedent and know how systems
- Monitoring regulatory developments in the area of asset management and investments
- Management of knowledge dissemination to the Firm’s lawyers
- Maintaining the Firm's documents on Exari and providing Exari-related training where required
- Providing suitable pre-joining materials to new staff and assisting with the training of new lawyers in relation to the legal resources available
- Coordinating an office-wide training programme and assisting where possible with training for each practice including the delivery of training sessions to lawyers on relevant aspects of Irish law and in relation to legal developments.
- Reviewing existing, new and proposed legislation and case law, keeping abreast of developments in Irish & EU legislation generally and disseminating the information thereon to the Firm’s lawyers
- Assisting in the production and/or updating of client advisories, firm memoranda/brochures and practice notes
- Assisting with legal research and on net points of fee earning work
- The candidate should be a qualified Irish lawyer with at least 4-5 years PQE, ideally with experience in investment funds
- Superior organisation skills, attention to detail, communication skills are essential