Walkers (Cayman) invites suitably qualified candidates to join our growing software development team.
The Software Developer plays a critical role in the team by leading the technical aspects of our low code development platform working directly with the respective stakeholders and our clients. They will also work with a team of developers that design, implement, and support a range of systems that drive efficiencies within the business. This role is required to be a master of the low code platform technology in conjunction with modern software engineering practices for developing web and mobile business applications.
The Software Developer is responsible for combining programming experience and visual expertise to provide guidance and ensure fit-for-purpose solutions that are scalable and maintainable. The selected candidate will participate in all aspects of the software development life cycle, from the production of technical specifications and project management to solution designs and code delivery. The successful candidate must be a self-starter who can act as a systems champion to the wider development team, mentor, train and coach other developers where appropriate.
- Work with business analysts, project managers, and stakeholders from the business to gather and document requirements.
- Develop customised solutions for clients in the low code platform, creating functional components of UX and UI requirement.
- Tackle complex technical problems following low code development best practices, ensuring solution performance and users adoption.
- Program and develop integrations with external systems to meet business workflow needs.
- Design and build product deliverables according to specifications. Escalates technical design or specification issues to business analysts / project managers. Works within a given time frames to complete coding.
- Follow good development practices and software development life cycle methodologies throughout product development.
- Create and maintain documentation for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Work with other members of the Information Technology department to specify, design, and manage underlying infrastructure technologies.
- Hold themselves and their team members accountable for delivering high value and quality to clients, and provides high-transparency by identifying information needs and facilitating communication.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Lead Developer from time to time.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- BSc degree in Computer Science or other relevant discipline is required
- Minimum 5 years' development experience in languages such as C#, .Net, etc.
- Prior experience with relational databases
- At least 1 year of low code development experience.
- OutSystems certifications would be an advantage.
- Strong consulting skills with the ability to organise, lead, and estimate projects.
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies practices.
- Excellent interpersonal, organisational, written communication, oral communication and listening skills
- Customer service orientation
- Understanding and appreciation of best practices with respect to the design and implementation of secure software solutions.
- Comfortable working with a source code management system within a team environment.
Walkers (Cayman) offers a dynamic working environment with opportunities for career progression and an excellent remuneration package, including a discretionary performance based bonus, pension and fully covered health insurance for employees.
Remuneration will commensurate with qualifications and experience and will be in the range of US$80,000.00 to US$110,000.00.