Associate - Finance (Hong Kong)
Walkers is internationally recognised as having one of the premier offshore finance practices. It has the largest Asian Finance presence of any offshore law firm, and is looking to further expand its Finance team in Hong Kong. The team covers an extremely diverse spectrum of British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands and Bermuda finance law related issues but has a particular need for a candidate with a strong background in structured finance. The role offers an exciting opportunity to an ambitious and hard working associate to join an established market-leading team with an excellent reputation. Excellent training, experience and career prospects in a truly meritocratic environment.
KEY SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Ambitious, hard-working and a good team player.
- In the region of 3-7 years post qualification experience in general banking, structured finance and/or debt capital markets in a leading onshore or offshore firm. Exceptional candidates with more years of post-qualification experience will be considered also.
- English qualified / admitted lawyer is preferred but not essential for a strong candidate.
- Solid legal knowledge of financing and security documentation, structures and law, ideally obtained from training and deal experience at a leading international law firm.
- Willingness to participate in business development activities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Strong Chinese language skills required
- Sound academics.
- Team player.
- Experience of working in Hong Kong with a good network of existing contacts would be an advantage but these are not essential.