Associate (Corporate & Funds) Singapore
From offices in the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, Dubai, Hong Kong, Jersey, Dublin, London and Singapore, the Walkers Group provides legal services to the leading FORTUNE 100 and FTSE 100 global corporations and financial institutions, capital markets participants, investment fund managers and growth and middle market companies.
Walkers focuses principally on corporate and international finance law with an emphasis on capital markets, structured finance, asset finance, hedge funds, private equity, restructuring, insolvency and dispute resolution. The firm delivers clear, concise and practical advice based on an in-depth knowledge of the legal, regulatory and commercial environment in the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, Ireland and Jersey.
Walkers is experienced in all types of international and cross-border transactions and welcomes a close working relationship with clients and their professional advisers.
- Walkers is internationally recognized as having one of the premier offshore funds and corporate practices ("Funds & Corporate Team"). It is looking to further expand its Funds & Corporate Team in Singapore by recruiting an associate with 5-6 years post qualification experience to assist on an extremely diverse spectrum of British Virgin Islands and Cayman Islands law related issues.
- The role offers an exciting opportunity to an ambitious and hard working associate to join a growing team in an international law firm with an excellent reputation.
- Essential Qualities
- Qualified England & Wales lawyer with 5-6 years of post-qualifying commonwealth experience in general corporate, M&A and/or funds related work from a well-regarded international law firm.
- Excellent academics with top level international experience.
- Solid legal skills with competent understanding of relevant market and client industries and technical knowledge.
- Good interpersonal skills, willingness to take part in business development activities and initiatives.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Working in Singapore or other Asian jurisdictions experience preferred, but not essential.