Global IT End User Compute (EUC) Manager
The Global IT End User Compute (EUC) Manager and their team will be responsible for the day to day-operational running of the 'EUC' technology estate within Walkers. The EUC Operational team is responsible for all technology that Walkers staff directly interact with as part of their business function. This is inclusive of the desktop, laptop and mobile devices used by staff as well as working with the Infrastructure on the Citrix based VDI platform. The Global EUC Manager will work closely with the Global IT Operations Manager and the Global IT Infrastructure Services Manager to provide an excellent level of service for the firm's staff and clients.
The Global EUC Manager and their team will be expected to deploy and support all areas of the EUC technology stack including commodity applications such as Windows 10, Microsoft Office, Office 365 components such as Teams and Exchange-Online. The team will also have Operational responsibility for the client side software and Add-Ins for the firm's business applications such as Aderant, InterAction and iManage and will be expected to provide input into the strategies and on-going management of these systems. The team will also have responsibility for software and endpoint deployment and management technologies like System Centre Configuration Manager, InTune and IBM MaaS 360.
Expected to be a champion of the firm's adoption of more agile and remote working the Global EUC Manager and their team will become a key role as Walkers staff and Walkers clients start to work in a more mobile way. The role holder will be expected to have a deep understanding of how users interact with their technology when working in a Law firm or similar industry.
The Global IT End User Compute (EUC) Manager will have to manage and oversee a number of direct reports; some may not be in the same geographic region as the role holder. The role holder will be expected to manage both their workload and personal development in line with Walkers expectations and guidelines.
- Be seen as the clear technical lead in all software and hardware used by the staff on their PC's and Mobile Devices within Walkers in their business functions.
- Run the 'third' line End User Compute Operations team in its day-to-day function supporting the Service Management teams in providing and excellent service to Walkers staff and Clients.
- Help drive the EUC strategy and feed in to the roadmaps of the software the team is responsible for.
- Own the firms patch management solution and work with other teams to ensure the firms patch policy is adhered too.
- Help drive forward the firm's adoption of the Microsoft 365 platform.
- Work with the rest of the Infrastructure department and the Service Management department to support and maintain the Citrix based VDI platform used for remote working and BCP.
- Help champion modern IT practices and ways of working to the wider IT department.
- Provide management and personal development to a small number of direct reports.
- Help the PMO staff introduce change and training material suitable for Walkers staff.
- Work with the Strategy & Architecture teams to manage IT, suppliers, vendors and specialty third parties to continue to provide modern and relevant solutions to Walkers staff.
- Manage the support queue for the EUC team; ensuring SLA's and OLA's are met and providing 'white glove' treatment to Managing and Equity Partners when required.
Knowledge and Experience
- Proven experience in creating, managing, developing and motivating teams.
- Previous experience in an Operational role with responsibility over the End User Technology stack.
- Proven experience of supporting users in a multi-geographic organisation and a mobile workforce.
- Thorough knowledge of how business applications integrate and support wide areas of an enterprise.
- Experience of managing a Windows 10 based estate and providing patch management to Microsoft and third party products.
- Hands on experience of supporting collaboration technology in M365 leveraging services like OneDrive for Business, Teams, InTune etc
- Experience in managing global applications and deploying services to be consumed by multiple users that are geographically spread.
- Experience in managing stakeholders and managing workload priorities.
- Ability to adapt and learn and integrate with new legal orientated applications from traditional legal technology vendors such as InTapp, iManage and Aderant.
- Experience of supplier and product management including supplier feedback meetings.
- Excellent understanding and experience of working with ITIL processes and practices
- University degree in Computer Science or other relevant discipline or 10 Years IT experience
- Ideally ITIL Certified
- Ideally Microsoft 365 Certified: Fundamentals
Personal and Professional Requirements
- Ability and willingness to occasionally work outside normal working hours/days when requested.
- Decisive and confident in one’s own ability and recommendations.
- Strong cross team collaboration skills.
- Excellent inter-personal skills and ability to present ideas and proposals in user-friendly language
- A passion for end user technologies continually staying up to date and evaluating where new technology can add value to the business.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Trusted advisor within the Infrastructure team with the ability to step in and help other support teams with advice when necessary.
- Able to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a geographically dispersed team-oriented, collaborative environment.