Walkers is looking for a seasoned Database Administrator who can take responsibility for the maintenance monitoring, management, and development of Walkers current and future databases, As the lead database Administrator you will report to the Applications Manager and will serve as the focal point for all database problems and concerns that may arise, and will conduct periodic troubleshooting skills and maintenance.
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high-levels of performance, availability, and security
- Manage, create and Maintain SQL Reporting Service Reports and ad-hoc reports as requested by the business
- Create and maintain documentation, procedures and best practices for database deployment and maintenance
- Create stored procedures for application programming interfaces (APIs)
- Respond to user reported errors in a timely manner
- Assist developers with complex query tuning and schema refinement
- Monitor systems performance and identifying problems that may arise
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours
- Protect the database from threats and unauthorized access
- provide technical mentorship and cross-training to other peers and team members
Education, Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other relevant discipline or 10 Years IT experience
- Advanced T-SQL and Power Shell Scripting skills
- Advanced in Microsoft SQL query optimization and index management.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft SQL Reporting Server Reports and Integration Service Packages.
- Advanced hands expertise with replication, log shipping, High Availability and Backup/Recovery.
- Advanced SQL Server maintenance/patching mechanics.
- Advanced understanding of back end, server, and API development, including application and database/data development and architectures.
- Expert in performance tuning and DB optimization using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Experience with the following (one or all) NOSQL databases - Elastic, MongoDB, Neo4j
- Understanding and experience of Microsoft Azure and related SQL services including Azure SQL Managed Instances & Azure SQL Database
- Knowledge with Microsoft Power BI is desirable
- Understanding of Scrum/Agile methodologies is preferred
- Knowledge of ViewPoint Software for Business is desirable