Corporate Services Assistant
Job title: Corporate Services Assistant
Reporting to: Manager, Corporate Services
Location: Hong Kong
WALKERS PROFESSIONAL SERVICES
Walkers Professional Services is the corporate and fiduciary services arm of Walkers Global. Walkers Global is a leading International Financial Centre law firm and a member of the International Financial Centres Forum (IFC Forum). From our offices in the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, Dubai, Dublin, Hong Kong, Jersey, London and Singapore, we provide legal services to FORTUNE 100 and FTSE 100 global corporations and financial institutions, capital markets participants, investment fund managers and middle market companies.
We offer outstanding opportunities to enjoy top quality work in an innovative, flexible and collegiate environment. We are proud of our team-oriented and supportive culture and state-of-the art office facilities and work environment.
Based in the Hong Kong office, the Corporate Services Assistant will be responsible for tasks as assigned by the Manager of Corporate Services and the Corporate Services Executives and Administrators.
- To deal with day to day correspondence and administrative matters from attorneys, clients and external service providers relating to a portfolio (the "Portfolio") of companies and partnerships, originating responses and updating and providing registers and documents as required
- To interpret board and shareholder resolutions and agreements and update the corporate records accordingly
- To assist with maintaining internal databases and systems including ViewPoint
- To assist with the due diligence process in respect of new directors, shareholders and related third parties in liaison with the Compliance Department
- To assist with the review of invoices in relation to the Portfolio and liaise with the client regarding payment of the same
- To deal with all administrative aspects of closing an entity within the Portfolio, including requesting final invoices, updating ViewPoint, and liaising with the client and Attorney as appropriate
- To assist with the scanning and saving of documents to the document management system, in accordance with company policy
- Such other tasks as may be requested from time to time
- The individual must hold an undergraduate degree
- A minimum of 1-2 years' experience in company secretarial position gained from professional firms
- Experience in setting up companies in Hong Kong and common offshore jurisdictions
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in Chinese & English are essential, fluency in Putonghua is preferred
- Individual must be highly organized and detail oriented, with strong administrative skills and the ability to multi-task
- The ability to operate with strictest of confidentiality
- Reliability essential
- Fast paced approach
- Ability to work in a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to meet strict deadlines and operate on their own initiative.