Corporate Services Professional (Financial Services)
Position: Experienced Corporate Services Professional
Location: Dublin City Centre
Walkers Professional Services ("WPS") sets a “best in class” standard in the provision of corporate services to aircraft leasing and structured finance special purpose vehicles in Ireland. WPS is led by a team of highly skilled professionals drawn from accounting, audit, company secretarial, compliance and legal fields. The team combines a depth of specialised experience with a focus on consistently delivering high quality results to clients at all times.
WPS are recruiting an experienced corporate services professional to join our rapidly expanding transaction team in Dublin.
Key Skills & Competences:
- A minimum of five years' experience in a relevant legal, financial services or corporate administration role is essential;
- An honours degree university graduate in a relevant discipline;
- Further education post university, such as the Chartered Company Secretary qualification or any relevant financial services diploma qualification would be an advantage;
- Proficiency in using MS Office suite of applications is essential;
- Enthusiastic in nature, with a real interest in learning and developing their skills;
- Ability to think on their feet, show attention to detail and be able to plan and organise work effectively;
- Strong communication and organisational skills; and
- A desire to work in a fast paced client-facing environment where delivery of a professional service to both clients and other counterparties is of key importance.
The successful candidate will be part of a busy, client facing, professionally qualified team. Their main responsibilities will include:
- Act as transaction manager for a wide range of structured finance and aircraft leasing special purpose vehicles (SPVs);
- Assist the directors in all aspects of the day-to-day operation of the SPV;
- Serve as director to a portfolio of SPVs following successful training and demonstration of necessary expertise;
- Manage the day-to-day workload of junior team members;
- Demonstrate complex problem solving skills, anticipate issues, lead client board meetings and effectively manage a busy portfolio of clients with competing deadlines and deliverables
- Build and maintain strong, responsive client relationships ensuring a high quality, responsive and professional service to our clients at all times;
- Lead and manage the delivery of internal projects and initiatives arising from changes in statutory or regulatory obligations
- Ensure that key transaction data is recorded and kept up-to-date on internal records;
- Demonstrate awareness and understanding of legal or regulatory developments or other emerging risks that may impact service areas and proactively seek to ensure that the team is positioned to address those challenges;
- Demonstrate leadership skills and step up, unprompted, when more senior staff are unavailable; and
- Ensure compliance with internal policies and procedures, while actively contributing to process improvements within the team and to a positive office environment.