Senior Banking Lawyer
We are currently seeking to recruit a senior banking lawyer to join our highly respected and award winning Finance & Capital Markets group in Dublin. The role will have a particular emphasis on advising both lenders & borrowers on domestic banking and finance matters.
This role will appeal to an ambitious and talented lawyer who would like to be a part of a dynamic and high-performing international firm, enjoys direct access to clients and thrives on the high level of work that comes with this opportunity.
You will be advising market leading local & international financial institutions, alternative lenders, borrowers and other market participants in relation to a broad range of banking and domestic finance transactions including:
- secured and unsecured lending
- senior and mezzanine debt
- leveraged finance, syndicated finance & acquisition finance
- corporate finance & capital financing solutions
- real estate finance (including development finance), hotel finance and project finance
- special situations lending, rescue finance and refinancings
- loan portfolio acquisitions
- secondary market debt acquisitions
- trade finance
- structured finance
You will also have a leadership role in enhancing and managing existing client relationships, attracting new clients important to our success and driving initiatives for business development, practice growth and personal professional development of the team.
The successful candidate should have:
- At least 6+ PQE in banking & finance law from a highly respected private practice in Ireland, the UK or another common law jurisdiction or relevant role within a leading financial institution;
- A strong academic record;
- Excellent drafting and negotiation skills;
- Excellent analytical, organisation and communication skills, both written and oral. The successful candidate should be a sociable person, capable of communicating effectively at all levels;
- A strong commercial awareness, orientation of services towards client requirements and ability to operate to the highest standards;
- An ability to provide technically sound advice and a highly responsive service to clients.
- A calm and measured approach to problem solving;
- A track record of being able to work on their own initiative but also as part of a team in a collaborative environment;
- An existing profile with financial institutions, lenders, major borrowers and other market participants operating in the Irish market;
- An ability to contribute knowledge and expertise to key areas.