(Fixed Term Contract 8 months maternity leave cover)
Our quirky tea rooms offer something for everyone - tray bakes, loaf cakes and a huge selection of ethically-sourced teas and coffees. Customers love our vegan and gluten free cakes and wickedly indulgent hot chocolates.
What’s the role?
Working in Curiositea as an F&B Supervisor, you will be required to supervise F&B Team Leaders and a team of F&B Assistants to ensure a high standard of service is provided to customers, with food and beverages served in an efficient manner, in a safe and clean environment. This role will work closely with the Outlet Manager.
Who are you?
We are looking for someone with excellent customer service skills and the ability to supervise and motivate a successful team to deliver a high level of service in a fast paced catering setting. You should be highly organised and have experience of leading people within a high volume food and beverage operation. You should have strong communication skills with both colleagues and customers, be able to work as part of a team, with the ability to demonstrate initiative so as to resolve issues effectively. You should have experience of achieving and maintaining high levels of health, safety and cleanliness in this type of environment, with knowledge of Food Hygiene and Health and Safety, together with experience of stock management and cash handling. Some knowledge of Licensing Laws may also be advantageous.
Because you are excited by the thought of being part of the Commercial team within your Students Union.
We’re committed to equality of opportunity for all. We welcome applications from individuals regardless of their race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, age, gender, or disability status. We want to support diverse and inclusive work environments and are actively looking for people who share our values.
DURATION: Fixed Term Contract, expected to last 8 months, subject to a 16- week probationary period.
SALARY: Starting from £20,914 to £23,405 per annum.
BENEFITS: 20 days holiday and no less than 15 days for Christmas, New Year, Easter, May-Day, Spring and late Bank holidays (or days in lieu thereof) pro-rata based on contract duration, Contributory Pension Scheme
HOURS: 36.5 hours per week on average, working shifts between 8am and 8pm
LOCATION: Warwick Students’ Union, Coventry. Occasional off site working is required
Closing date: Once sufficient applications have been received. Please apply as soon as possible if you are interested in this role.
Please note we can only accept applications through our website online application process.
Any queries please email: email@example.com.
JOB TITLE: Food and Beverage Supervisor
RESPONSIBLE TO: Outlet Manager, and through him/her, Commercial Operations Manager, Chief Executive and Board of Trustees
RESPONSIBLE FOR: Food and Beverage Assistants, Food and Beverage Team Leaders
MAIN PURPOSE FOR JOB: To supervise a successful team in the designated outlet, working closely with the outlet managers to run an efficient shift. To prepare and serve food and drink ensuring high standards of service in all areas
WORKS CLOSELY WITH: Outlet Manager, Outlet Deputy Manager, Commercial Operations Manager, HR Department, Facilities and Safety Department.
MAIN DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- To duty manage the designated Outlet, supervising the food and beverage team on shift in the preparation and service of food and/or beverages
- To serve food and/or beverages as appropriate and required by the outlet.
- To oversee bookings and orders respond to customer enquiries immediately.
- To serve customers in a friendly and helpful manner, according to organisational policy on customer care
- To collect and evaluate customer feedback.
- Allocate and monitor staff breaks.
- To assist in the recruitment and subsequent Induction of any F & B Assistants/ F & B Team Leaders.
- To train & coach F & B Assistants and Team Leaders.
- To keep outlet displays and fridges well stocked and tidy.
- To keep preparation areas and seating areas clean and tidy and free from rubbish. Ensure cleaning sheets are in operation throughout the shift.
- To replenish and place orders for stock when necessary and keep a well-stocked area throughout the outlet.
- Support the Food and Beverage team in the implementation of promotional and merchandising plans.
- To ensure that all machinery and equipment is in a working condition and operate said equipment in a correct and safe manner, ensuring that the Food and Beverage team do the same.
- Account for cash by ensuring that sufficient change is available and floats are allocated to tills and takings are banked at the end of the shift. Ensuring correct till procedures are followed.
- Ensure that the Outlet and stock is secured at the end of the shift
- Apply appropriate personnel policy and procedures in accordance with Union policy and legislative requirements
- To abide by current legislation, concerning health, safety and fire.
- To comply with the Unions food safety policy & any other relevant hygiene legislation
- Ensure that standards of personal hygiene, operational performance and service quality are maintained within the outlet
- The above to be carried out with regard to organisational policy on Equal Opportunities and continuous improvement
- To commit to reducing the SU’s environmental impact and promote environmental and ethical good practice
- Any other duties in line with the job description that may from time to time reasonably required by the organisation
- Compliance with Food and Hygiene regulations and Health and Safety regulations.
- To comply with trading standards legislation and licensing laws at all times
- To respond to customer enquiries for bookings or regarding booked events either immediately where able or to direct the customer to the more appropriate channels.
- To promote good customer care at all times.
- Smile at and greet each customer, be polite and courteous at all times. Thank the customer and give undivided attention to each customer.
- To be knowledgeable about products available and give guidance where appropriate
- To speak to all customers offering any feedback, both positive and negative. To handle any complaints immediately. To collate and pass on any feedback to the appropriate managers.
- Timetable staff breaks
- Offer support to the management team during the recruitment and induction of F & B Assistants and Team Leaders and offer contribution to the processes.
- Ensure F & B Assistants and Team Leaders are suitably trained & monitor their performance offering help & guidance when necessary
- Ensure the displays are inviting to the customer and that stocks are adequate to meet customers needs at all times
- Ensure that organisational policy on Health and Safety is followed.
- To work within a team to promote a well-stocked outlet by communicating any orders to the stock controller/management team or direct to the retailer.
- To develop ideas for merchandising the products we sell
- To use equipment for its designed purpose and according to organisational policy on Health and Safety
- To follow manual handling procedures
- Use appropriate protective clothing or equipment
- To take action and report any maintenance faults through the appropriate channels.
- To take action and report any IT faults through the appropriate channels.
- Till floats to contain sufficient mix of change to support daily operations. Takings to be banked at the end of each day.
- Ensure that staff are aware and use the correct till procedures at all times.
- Safe Checks to be completed twice daily.
- Discrepancies to be reported to the Outlet Manager.
- Ensure that organisational policy on Health and Safety is followed
- Ensure that all stock is locked away and that all applicable entrances and fire exits are locked at the end of the shift
- Ensure personal awareness and understanding of personnel policy
- Communicate the policy to the appropriate individuals
- Ensure the policy is consistently implemented
- Deal with any ad hoc immediate HR matters.
- Maintain temperature records, cleaning schedules & any other due diligence documentation, taking preventative & corrective action when necessary. Ensure F & B Assistants adhere to laid down standards.
- To ensure that all staff are well presented. To follow hygiene regulations at all times.
- Complete weekly hygiene audits
- To be carried in line with the SU’s environmental policy
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience of managing a high volume food & beverage operation
- Experience of training and developing staff
- Experience of leading and motivating a team
- Ability to demonstrate high standards of customer care
- Food Hygiene Knowledge
- Knowledge of Health and Safety and Licensing laws
- Demonstrates high standards of customer care
- Excellent planning and organisational skill
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Attention to detail
- IT Literate in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience of stock management
- Experience of handling cash
- Good Communication Skills both written and verbal
- Ability to use initiative and make decisions
- Flexible in working hours
- Commitment to Equal Opportunities
DESIRABLE SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience of a not for profit environment
- Knowledge of EPOS systems
- Food Hygiene Certificate or equivalent
- Full Driving Licence