What We Need:
We are recruiting for a Housekeeping Supervisor to join our team here at Mill Rythe. You will form part of the management team within Accommodation. You will be required to undertake all duties as required by the business to a high standard, ensuring the delivery of excellent customer service at all times.
- To supervise members of the allocated cleaning team(s) in the course of their cleaning and preparation of accommodation and other areas of cleaning.
- To check the performance of the allocated cleaning team(s) in the undertaking of their cleaning and preparation of accommodation and other areas of cleaning.
- To check that accommodation and other areas have been cleaned, prepared and provisioned to our standards and specifications.
- To comply with all Company policies and procedures, for example, health & safety, COSHH.
- To check that all accommodation and other areas of cleaning are cleaned to meet or exceed the required standards and specifications.
- To check that all public areas are cleaned to meet or exceed the required standards and specifications.
- To ensure the delivery of hire goods, inventory and additional items as required.
- To ensure that guests are attended to promptly and in a pleasant and professional manner.
- To report any item damaged, broken or needing repair or maintenance to the Accommodation Manager.
- To record and report all potential or actual accidents, injuries and incidents.
- To ensure all internal and statutory obligations are met.
- To improve the efficiency and effectiveness of all cleaning staff.
- To consult with Accommodation Managers and Roving Trainers to help them ascertain the training requirements of each member of the cleaning team.
- Use only those chemicals and cleaning materials as instructed in-line with COSHH guidelines.
- To keep secure all cleaning materials and equipment and all training materials.
- To ensure rooms and venues are left secure as appropriate.
Delivering Excellent Customer Service:
- To deliver outstanding customer service and standards at all times as required by the business.
- To accept the importance of maintaining and improving standards in the business and to strive to exceed expectations at all times.
- To liaise with Accommodation Manager (or Housekeeping Manager) to ensure the business objectives and priorities are met.
- Motivate, organise and train employees to ensure tasks and responsibilities are performed to the agreed standard and beyond.
- To maintain a consistent and effective approach to work.
- To ensure personal appearance is of the highest standard of tidiness and hygiene as required by the park.
- To ensure that correct uniform is worn at all times and maintained to a good standard and is not obstructed by personal outer clothing.
- To communicate with fellow team members professionally and courteously at all times.
- To attend any relevant training courses as recommended by the General Manager and or the HSM, Accommodation Manager and or the Company.
Skills, experience and qualities you’ll need
- Previous management experience in a practical, time-pressured environment
- Have an open, approachable leadership style that commands respect
- Be able to plan and organise the workload, training and management of a large team
- Ideally having had previous experience in the hospitality sector
It’s about your values too. We have a can-do, fun loving, people centred ethos here at Away Resorts, which is captured by our holiday heroes’ mantra of Attentive Amazing Lovers – if that’s fired up your curiosity, have a read about it here and decide if it describes you.
Want to join our team? Here’s how to apply
Just click on the Apply Now button and follow the instructions. To find out more about what it’s like to work for Away Resorts, check us out at www.awayresorts.co.uk/careers