As NOC Engineer, you will be responsible for delivering a world class customer service and to support our customers through CAE’s Incident, Change, Event, and Service Fulfilment Management processes. In addition to supporting our customers, as a 2nd line network resource, a commitment to personal development and that of the 1st line network resources is also required. 2nd line network resources are targeted to fix at line, and only escalating where specialist technical resource or processes are required.
You will be required to manage multiple workstreams simultaneously meaning clear communication, meticulous timekeeping, and time logging skills are required in addition to a high level of technical knowledge.
This role requires strong skills across a range of technologies, including routing and switching, security and wireless.
Travel to Managed Service customers sites will be part of this role, building a relationship with the customers while assisting and resolving incidents for the service.
What you will be doing?
The main duties and responsibilities of the role shall include:
- Assist 1st line through both proactive and reactive escalations.
- Update tickets in an organised, efficient and detailed manner and logging time for all work performed.
- Work within defined service level agreements (SLA) for different customers to ensure SLAs are met within thresholds.
- Own and managing tickets for Incidents, Problems, Changes and others for Managed customers and non-managed devices.
- Escalate tickets to 3rd line where appropriate following a defined escalation process.
- Maintain documentation of Managed Service Customers
- Required to act as Technical Lead for defined Managed Service Customers
- Commitment to improve professional and technical knowledge of the self
- Commitment to improve professional and technical knowledge of the team.
- Development of Internal systems and process to improve the support operations.
- Undertake personal accreditations as required by the company as part of an agreed training plan.
- Participation in a technical on-call rota
- Collaborate with other senior resources on complex tickets and other departments on an ad hoc basis.
As a NOC Engineer you will need to be outgoing, highly organised, disciplined and adaptable with excellent communication skills. You must be willing to get stuck in with day-to-day operational tasks, handle high volumes of work and run multiple work streams.
The above list is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope of the post.
What is needed?
- Be able to adapt your communication style to the audience you are presented with.
- Demonstrate the ability to build cross-departmental relationships (sales, managed services)
- Be passionate about the technology that you support.
- Support NOC colleagues, across all lines, to assist in building a positive team culture and environment of transparent knowledge sharing.
- Have a keen eye for detail and observational skills.
- Be able to work to deadlines.
- Be confident and approachable.
- Cisco Routers and Switching configuration and troubleshooting – Desired minimum CCNP Certification or suitable industry experience
- Cisco Security configuration and troubleshooting – Desired minimum CCNA Security or suitable industry experience
- ITIL/Change management or similar process experience
- Cisco Wireless configuration and troubleshooting – experience in Cisco and Meraki
This is CAE - Our goal is to be recognised as the most trusted and valued IT infrastructure solutions provider, and be chosen by our customers, partners and everyone in the CAE family, because of our unique understanding, total commitment and positive engagement.
We get recognised in a number of different ways:
- With a Glassdoor score of 4.1
- Having ISO9001 and 27001 certifications
- With multiple awards from manufacturers including Cisco and Dell Technologies
- Being 3 star accredited with the Service Desk Institute
- Within our industry with shortlists and wins from CRN
- and every time we get an order from one of customers – recognising that we are their partner of choice whether they are in the Commercial, Public or not for profit sectors
It is our approach that sets us apart and our people that make us different #thisishowwedoit
What is next?
If successful, one of our dedicated recruitment team members will be in touch with you for a screening call. Please note, we will always endeavour to acknowledge every application we receive, however, due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to reply to every individual with specific feedback.
- Bupa Cash Plan
- Investors in Personal Development
- Pension Scheme
- Death in Service
- Staff Referral Scheme
- Discounted Private Medical Insurance
- Tech Scheme
- Will writing
- Additional benefits: Shopping discounts, Length of service awards, BUPA anytime Healthline, Flu Vaccination Vouchers, Employee Recognition, Annual leave entitlements, Cycle to Work Scheme, Fresh Fruit
CAE Technology Services are an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity across our workforce. We aim to provide a fair and consistent job application process and to not discriminate on grounds of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin or disablement.